Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you think people would give up all sense of reality and common sense for the sake of a company or product, it dosn't matter if it has a large or small percentage of the market and still they stick to it, they would even abandon thier realigeon to worship whaever they are attatched to, I just don't understand fanboyism and zealocy

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Because they are dumbasses? Fanboyism (sp?) doesn't apply only to companies or products it applies to a lot of stuff, like sports for example... soccer hooligans are the equivalent of Nintendo or Sega fanboys... either that or because people just have the necessity of belonging to somewhere: a group, a society, whatever...

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
I don't understand it either. It's not like the company is going to do something special for them. I used to be a slight Nintendo fanboy. They gave me alot of good childhood memories. Though, after the N64, I abandoned them for Sony :p. I don't mindlessly march behind one company anymore. In my opinion, Nintendo were idiots for sticking with cartridges on the N64, even though it had some fun games. Nintendo also seems to be afraid to make anything that might be even a little inappropriate for a child under the age of 7 :???:.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Well, i wouldn't say i'de give up everything in my life to dedicate my life to worshipping something i am a "fanboy" of (in my case, nintendo). I just think they make solid products that i enjoy alot and are highly underrated. And the fact that i like nintendo has nothing to do with the fact that i don't like PS2 or XBOX, their games just don't suit me.

Your views of fanboism are highly different than any ive ever heard. Liking a company hardly means giving up religion or other valuble things in life to dedicate your life to it. Zealots maybe, but not fanboy's.

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
I think he was just trying to make a point. I don't think the religion thing was mean to be taken seriously.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
Your views of fanboism are highly different than any ive ever heard. Liking a company hardly means giving up religion or other valuble things in life to dedicate your life to it. Zealots maybe, but not fanboy's.
As I said on a post above, videogames' fanboys aren't the worse species... you should see soccer fans, when the "love" for their team becomes too much they turn into hoolligans and then some stuff (like morals) are casted aside in the name of this... "passion".

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Blind Fanboyism is just stupid, and it's one signs of someone who doesn't have a life. Personally, I like Sega when it comes to console/game software industry, however, I do aknowledge their mistakes in the past. After all, no one is perfect.

And on a side note : from all the fanboys I ve seen so far, Nintendo fanboys are the worst. There are some open minded but the majority is absolutly horrible. Some of them still think of Mario as the game of the year :???: Coming close would be Sony fanboys. Those would argue how the PSP would kickass before it's even released!

get a life >_<

Yours,
-Elly

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
エッリー said:
Blind Fanboyism is just stupid, and it's one signs of someone who doesn't have a life.
I beg to differ, for what I've seen at Sega's boards Sega fanboys are as dumb and lifeless as Nintendo's. You know this is true when people are still whining about Sega being *****es for killing the Dreamcast... 3 years ago.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I find Square/Enix fanboys to be quite insane. Sure they make (or made ;)) good games but if you say anything bad about them, they'll descend on you like locusts. Other scary fanboys are the ATI/NVIDIA and AMD/Intel ones, it's shocking.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I think they are all bad.

Liking something doesn't make you a fanboy either. I think there is a true definition to being a fanboy. That would be Being blind to the truth, not giving anything else a chance and also being so crazy about that team/product/company that you would defend them to the death! (okay the last one is a little exaggerated) :p

Basically, like N1ghtw0lf - but in a different way, I like Playstation 1/2 games, and the Sony console(s). Nintendo doesn't appeal to me. But that doesn't make him nor I a fanboy. It just means that we prefer different things.

Like liking Coke or Pepsi. If you like Pepsi over Coke, does that make you a fanboy? I think not.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
iPod fanboys annoy the hell out of me. Going on about how kewl they look, and refusing to consider alternatives. Myself, I'll take a Riō Karma any day. The iRiver H120 look pretty nice too, if they'd only fix gapless playback.

·
band
4,912 Posts
fanboys are definitely annoying when they try to pressure u to agree with them...arg

As I said on a post above, videogames' fanboys aren't the worse species... you should see soccer fans, when the "love" for their team becomes too much they turn into hoolligans and then some stuff (like morals) are casted aside in the name of this... "passion".
oh man, i heard some horror stories bout wut [email protected]$$ fans do to soccer players in S.America if they make a fatal mistake during a game....iono if they're true or not..

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
I think that every fanboy is the same, the only thing that difers is brand/team they support. I like some things and sometimes I argue alot with my friends about it buy i always do it when i have solid proof about what i am saying.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Well, I'm a Star Trek fanboy, and Q is like a god to me :D

Seriously, all fanboys are annoying, no matter if it's videogames, sports, movies or anything. Kaiser Sigma made a good point about soccer fanboys, they get quite violent because of their fanboyism, even killing fanboys of the adversaries teams (or trying to beat their team's players, if they lose a match).

As for videogames fanboys, all of them are annoying. But I've seem more Nintendo fanboys than any other kind :p

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
D.D. said:
oh man, i heard some horror stories bout wut [email protected]$$ fans do to soccer players in S.America if they make a fatal mistake during a game....iono if they're true or not..
That's true and even so it's not half of the story... hoolligans went so far that they were banned from a couple of match this year. Was a pretty interesting sight, you could only watch the game on TV, the soccer field was empty save for the players... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts