Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put fan dampener pads on my fans, but they didn't seem to change all the much. I'm about to just take my back side panel fan off and my back fan off. but the thing that sucks is my side fan seems to make the most noise. It would look retarted to take that one off. It seems when I take the side off it make so much less noise, and doesn't seem to make sense to me. If you know any ideas of what I can do please tell me. I also think my hard drives are loud, but that will have to wait, I'm just going to get a 300gig when I get money and partition it so I only have to have one drive.

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
Um... no offense, but I think this'd be served better in the Hardware discussion.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Moved to hardware discussion.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Try This Place. They have some pretty good tips and tricks and the guys in the forums know their stuff ;)

·
Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the link and yes I thought I would do hardware at first but yeah I'm dumb and put it in open dis. Well I just found out my motherboard supports fan control (I think for only one fan) so I moved my side fan to that, and it helps a lot. I find the most of the noise is coming fromt he cpu fan. I have a 4400 x2 and it runs at 29-30C idle. I was wondering what temp should I make it to where the fan starts and when its on full load. If I can get the cpu fan quieter, all I need is a new single hard drive and I think I'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Aided Onslaught said:
Thank you for the link and yes I thought I would do hardware at first but yeah I'm dumb and put it in open dis. Well I just found out my motherboard supports fan control (I think for only one fan) so I moved my side fan to that, and it helps a lot. I find the most of the noise is coming fromt he cpu fan. I have a 4400 x2 and it runs at 29-30C idle. I was wondering what temp should I make it to where the fan starts and when its on full load. If I can get the cpu fan quieter, all I need is a new single hard drive and I think I'll be happy.
My X2 4400 will sit at 26-27C idling with the fan at full speed (~1900 rpm). At the lowest setting (~900 rpm), it hovers around 27-29C. Full load is ~36C with the fan on the highest setting.

·
Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know what temp it's made to run around, because my fan is running at around 3000 and at 30C if I let it get to about 40 it should be fine, I have no doubt since that's what my old 2700 ran about, I just want to know what someone would think the best temp would be to aim for considering noise too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.