Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Famitsu Reveals No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise for PS3 and 360

Suda 51 told us in the past that No More Heroes “needs a new platform”, and now it’s getting two. The latest issue of Famitsu has announced that No More Heroes is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The title of the game is No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise. The game, launching at 5,800 Yen in February 2010 for Japan, features a brand new Advance Mode, Japanese dubbing, and some Erotic Portrait (whatever that means). That’s the best GAF can provide us with for now.

Awesome ? Yes

---

>Famitsu Reveals No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise for PS3 and 360

Not any surprise - since sales of No More Heroes, weren't exactly stellar.

Desperate Struggle To Be Last Wii No More Heroes, Suda51 Says.

Desperate Struggle To Be Last Wii No More Heroes, Suda51 Says: News from 1UP.com

Looks like the Wii will soon be saying goodbye to one of its "hardcore" franchises. In a new interview, Grasshopper CEO Goichi Suda said he wants No More Heroes to continue to grow, but that he feels it needs to go beyond Nintendo's platform to do so.

"I really want to make NMH a big franchise, and with this second episode have bigger success. I'm putting a lot of care into developing this IP, as I feel there's a lot of potential," he told Edge.

However, "I think this is the last NMH that is going to be developed on Wii."

"To expand NMH to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now."

Project Natal may be one possibility for the franchise. Suda developed No More Heroes with motion control in mind, and has recently expressed excitement for Microsoft's new peripheral.

"It's hard to really understand it unless you use it, and it remains to be seen what you can do with it, but I think it'll be a huge device," he recently told Famitsu.

"We developed No More Heroes with the Wii remote in mind, but now I want to think about games with Natal in mind. I have to ask myself, as a game designer, what new games can be done with this, what can be an interesting experience and challenge, and I'm looking forward to that."

Travis Touchdown on the Xbox 360? It's starting to look like it.

Suda 51 Claims No More Heroes was Orginally for 360

In a recent interview, composed by the chaps over at MCV, Suda 51 admits that No More Heroes was originally aimed for a 360 release.

“Originally, I’d wanted to make this game for Xbox 360, actually. [Marvelous Interactive boss] Wada-san had information about the new Wii and how the new controller would work before it came out, so that’s why he thought I should produce the game on that format.

“At the time, I didn’t really understand why, but after seeing and understanding how it works, I think it was a good choice and the controller works really well with the game.”

Gamervision - How Gamers See the World - Video Game News - Suda 51 Claims No More Heroes was Orginally for 360

Suda 51: Third party Wii games aren't selling.

Goichi Suda, otherwise known as Killer 7 and No More Heroes director Suda 51, claims that third-party titles for the Wii aren't selling in his home land and that only Nintendo is really profiting from its success.

Speaking about the sales of No More Heroes in Japan, he told us, "Whilst the sales weren't as high as I hoped, other titles for Wii aren't selling so well either. Only Nintendo titles are doing well. This isn't just because of the current situation in Japan, as this is happening outside Japan."

He also expressed surprise over the casual audience that has been the primary adopters of the Wii. "Actually I was very surprised about the reality about Wii, because before I was making this game, I wasn't expecting that Wii would be a console targeted only for non-gamers. I expected more games for hardcore gamers. The reality is different to what I expected".

No More Heroes was released in Japan last year to impressive reviews, but failed to set the retail world alight. It's been reported that on its launch day, it took twenty minutes for someone to buy a copy at a signing, and even then it was a journalist from Famitsu.

Wii News: Suda 51: Third party Wii games aren't selling - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Suda 51 clarifies Wii remarks on third-party sales

The clarification posted asserts that "unlike a lot of Nintendo Wii titles currently available, [NMH] is the kind of product which will attract a different kind of consumer to the hardware, i.e. gamers who are looking for a different genre to the products which have been successful on this platform thus far." That "different kind of consumer" we're guessing is a more hardcore gamer, given comments earlier in the CVG interview where he said, "I wasn't expecting that Wii would be a console targeted only at non-gamers. I expected more games for hardcore gamers." Obviously, he doesn't want to comment on the sales of other third-party titles, but do you think he might have a point?

Suda 51 clarifies Wii remarks on third-party sales
---

:drool: :drool: :drool:

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
NOO! :cry: Dammit one of the only good Wii games gone :rant: It's just not the same cutting up people without a Wiimote...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I wouldn't buy a console solely for anything under a 95%... but how often does one run into the situation where a console only has one game?

·
!
6,312 Posts
How do you know that. Have you play it? an 82.60% its pretty fair i think.
Frankly, I've spend 10 minutes on that game. I have to give it a big try :)
I wouldn't buy a console solely for anything under a 95%... but how often does one run into the situation where a console only has one game?
:lol: A lot of people I know bought 360 just for GoW2. That game scored 93.23%.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
? said:

"To expand NMH to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now."

Suda has NO PLANS for No More Heroes on 360
GoNintendo - Suda interview - EA/Mikami game still in development, has no plans for No More Heroes on 360, interested in remake of PS2 title 'Michigan'

Suda once again says that No More Heroes 3 is WAITING FOR WII 2
GoNintendo - Suda51 video interview - Suda once again says that No More Heroes 3 is waiting for Wii 2

Suda51 clarifies - intentions of doing another No More Heroes game for NINTENDO'S NEXT CONSOLE:
GoNintendo - Suda51 clarifies - intentions of doing another No More Heroes game for Nintendo's next console

GoNintendo said:
1UP: You mentioned once that No More Heroes 2 would be the last game in the series on Wii. Have you done any experiments on what it might be like on another platform, especially with the new motion controllers that have been announced for other systems?

GS: Actually, I answered differently, and it may have been misinterpreted. What I wanted to say was, looking at the Wii, I think No More Heroes 2 will probably be the last iteration for this current platform. But there's probably going to be a "Wii 2" or other next-gen system from Nintendo at some point, so I was saying that I would want to do another game in the series on the next Nintendo platform.

I want to continue the No More Heroes series, but I've finished the story for Travis. It's completely finished in No More Heroes 2. So I want to think of a different story -- a different character, or something like that within the series -- starting on the next Nintendo platform.
StriderVM said:
Perfectly understandable...
Wanna bet it won't do better in sales?
It sold something between 500.000 and 1 million copies on the Wii on its debut and without any advertisement.

|-xA-| said:
NOO! :cry: Dammit one of the only good Wii games gone :rant: It's just not the same cutting up people without a Wiimote...
It's not gone. Also, this is still a Wii exclusive:

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
but how often does one run into the situation where a console only has one game?
Come on, it's the Wii. I can only think of 5 non-kiddy games. Not exactly one, but still pretty low.

GoNintendo - Suda interview - EA/Mikami game still in development, has no plans for No More Heroes on 360, interested in remake of PS2 title 'Michigan'

GoNintendo - Suda51 video interview - Suda once again says that No More Heroes 3 is waiting for Wii 2

Suda51 clarifies - intentions of doing another No More Heroes game for NINTENDO'S NEXT CONSOLE:
GoNintendo - Suda51 clarifies - intentions of doing another No More Heroes game for Nintendo's next console

Wanna bet it won't do better in sales?
It sold something between 500.000 and 1 million copies on the Wii on its debut and without any advertisement.

It's not gone. Also, this is still a Wii exclusive:

So it's staying on Wii/Nintendo's next console? :D

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'd be curious as to the 5 "non kiddie" Wii games, and what's wrong with kiddie game like Marble Mania, Geometry Wars, New Super Mario Bros, Metroid 3, or many other fun games on the Wii?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'd be curious as to the 5 "non kiddie" Wii games, and what's wrong with kiddie game like Marble Mania, Geometry Wars, New Super Mario Bros, Metroid 3, or many other fun games on the Wii?
Totally agree with you. Games should be fun, whether the fun factor comes from shooting others in highly detailed and realistic or futuristic environments, or from trying to get a marble past as many obstacles as possible, it's all the same: Fun. I think a lot of adults are losing out by disregarding games solely for the "kiddy" lable.

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Originally Posted by ?

---

Why the question mark? It was Suda himself who said that. Why are you in such a denial? Those old articles dont mean much anymore since it was already announced for 360 and ps3.
He changed his mind Glad. It happens.

Looks like the Wii will soon be saying goodbye to one of its "hardcore" franchises. In a new interview,Grasshopper CEO Goichi Suda said he wants No More Heroes to continue to grow, but that he feels it needs to go beyond Nintendo's platform to do so.

"I really want to make NMH a big franchise, and with this second episode have bigger success. I'm putting a lot of care into developing this IP, as I feel there's a lot of potential," he told Edge.

---

Originally Posted by GoNintendo
1UP: You mentioned once that No More Heroes 2 would be the last game in the series on Wii. Have you done any experiments on what it might be like on another platform, especially with the new motion controllers that have been announced for other systems?

GS: Actually, I answered differently, and it may have been misinterpreted. What I wanted to say was, looking at the Wii, I think No More Heroes 2 will probably be the last iteration for this current platform. But there's probably going to be a "Wii 2" or other next-gen system from Nintendo at some point, so I was saying that I would want to do another game in the series on the next Nintendo platform.

I want to continue the No More Heroes series, but I've finished the story for Travis. It's completely finished in No More Heroes 2. So I want to think of a different story -- a different character, or something like that within the series -- starting on the next Nintendo platform.
That was 2 months ago. Like i said he might have changed his mind now. Its RE4 all over again.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
---
Why the question mark? It was Suda himself who said that. Why are you in such a denial? Those old articles dont mean much anymore since it was already announced for 360 and ps3.
He changed his mind Glad. It happens.
It's not denial, it's just that Glad is confirming that there won't be any sequel on consoles outside of the Wii or Wii 2. The way some of those articles were phrased it looked like it was saying that Suda was going away to make sequels on other consoles.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Game certainly is gaining something with the improved visuals, but some of the scenery looks terribly flat in design. I am not quite sold on it just yet, would like to see some of the design flaws from the first one ironed out before it makes it a must have for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.