Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else here has problems with their families...

Yesterday I got into an argument with my father, and now I've left home to live by myself.

Feeling quite bad right now, because my mother is in a miserable state. That's how life goes, I guess...

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
I think there is more families with problems then without .. I got in a fight with my mom once and we didn't talk for over 2 years.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hmm, still hate my parents for all they've done to me.... Don't feel like talking about it in this thread.

Aside from that I also have arguments every now and then. Most of the time about religious things :p

Anyway, having problems with your closest family members can hurt a lot. It still hurts me cause I really wanted it to be different.... But they still deny all responsibility for the misery THEY've caused... I find them very weak persons in that way.

All my nice things towards them can be considered an act.

Sadly

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
What they did to me is something I also dont wanna see here,lets just say that for them I was an animal...no human...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Carnage said:
What they did to me is something I also dont wanna see here,lets just say that for them I was an animal...no human...
This sounds real bad.....

2 me it wasn't that bad, but they did take away one human right: The right of freedom of speech.
They blackmailed me to keep me silent.... something I will never forgive them...

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that guys. Anyway, I understand that you don't want to talk about your problems - as you can see, I didn't talk about mine :)

I think I was just feeling down at the moment, and wanted to share something with you guys...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hey no problem, btw, I just don't feel like coughing up everything again, since it's all in the love thread.

But if you want to share your story, know that your story will be heard :)

It sometimes feels good just to let others know how you feel or what problems you are in. So when you need to scream, let it all out here ;)

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Look, everyone has their problems with their parents as some point in time...it's unavoidable and innevitable.

I argue once in a while, but I make it a point to make what I feel well-known, and any other crap afterwards is their problem.

And I really doubt that things are as bad as they could be....my advice, Boltzman, make up with your parents...the last thing you want is guilt on your chest.

r2rX :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well I think they are worse than you might think R2RX, he didn't run away from home for nothing...

Perhaps it's wise to get in contact with you mother. But only when YOU feel like it.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed, Cid. Things were a lot worse than usual conflicts between father and son. I'm used to those, and could work around them quite well (even if we stoped talking to each other for a month or two).

But this time things went too far, and I'd to get away. Perhaps I'll tell some of the details later, if I feel up to it.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Extended family are something out of a soap opera (No kidding), but we love them.....er...from a distance.

We used to hate our stepfather, but when we got older we came to understand him (and forgive). In the end we are glad to have had the chance since he lost his life soon after.

Chew on that for a while...maybe it will taste like something

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
>> I think I was just feeling down at the moment, and wanted to share something with you guys...

You can share on ICQ too, you know...
anyways, as everyone said, all of us had/have/will have family problems, even though in my case it's ok for now, it used to be really bad when I was between 8-14... too much alcohol for 1 person = real threat for a whole family

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
damn... I'm arguing with my parent more and more often .... :/ hope nothing serious get from that...

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hmmm... well fortunately I get quite well along with my father, since we share many of our interests... we have some disagreements now and then but nothing serious...

With my mom is quite a different story since we got almost opposite personalities; the only thing I inherited from her is my desire to impose my opinion over that of others, so we have frequent clashes :lol: Fortunately we've both learned to know what to say and what to not, or maybe its just that I've grown more patient and I can handle what she says... I don't know

Anyway I'm quite sorry for what happened to you... I know it must mean little to you but you have my support :)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I don't have problems with my parents or my oldest brother at all aside from the fact that my mom can be annoying sometimes, but my older brother (middle child) criticizes everything i do and acts like he's my father. And he's a 22 year-old freeloading panzy who is still living at home even though he makes more in a week than my mom does in a month. :p (many of you heard this rant last night on IRC)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I am having major family problems right now. It's a divorce going on between my parents that isn't pretty. Let's just say the cops have been to our house a couple of times. It's not violence or anything like that - just some bad stuff.

Not a happy time for me. My last summer vacation was ruined and the begining of the school year was hell for me. I had to frickin' write a police report the first week into school. :rolleyes:

Anyways, you're not alone Boltzman. ;)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Dang I feel bad for you guys/girls. Hope things work out cause family is the most important thing. I don't really have many problems with my parents because I try not to let em get to me... and I've figured out how to manipulate them... muhahaha. No but really I've learned what gets them angry and what dosen't and I can work around it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My and my parents have had some pretty severe arguments in the past, but since I got to the age where they realized it was pointless to try to control me we've gotten along pretty well. I know that some parents can be incredible jerks though since I've seen what some of my friends have had to go through. My best advice if you have trouble with your parents is to not let the petty arguments get to you (if they're abusive on the other hand, that's another story.)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Boltzmann, and all of you guys, i know it's tough.

My mom fired me from home 'cause her boyfriend didn't like me. As i didn't have a job then, my grandma (great woman, for sure) let me live with her. But i don't get along very well with my uncles, and they still live with her (yes, and they are in their 40's o_O ), so problems arose again. Now i live by myself, too. It was very painful in the beggining, but as i first developed hatred towards my mother, and nowadays i don't even care about her, is not like that anymore. My real pain was my brother. We were very close to each other, and separated us sometime. Now we see each other frequently, so it's ok. But still even if i don't miss my mother, i miss having a family, as my dad died many years ago. It's always hard.

Keep strong man, i know you can. Hope everything can get better with time. In fact, hope you all can get along with your parents, families are an and needed important support always.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr. Killjoy said:
You can share on ICQ too, you know...
I've been offline on ICQ most of the time, since I've been spending little time at home these days.
And now I won't get on until I set up my broadband service at my new house...

But rest assured that I know it ;)

Proto said:
Anyway I'm quite sorry for what happened to you... I know it must mean little to you but you have my support :)
It's appreciated :thumb:

Razor Blade said:
Anyways, you're not alone Boltzman. ;)
Yeah, I'm seeing. At least you guys know how bad it can be.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts