1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Wow! That looks perfectly legit box! oO Does that graphics card work? I mean, how is the speed? What are clock details? They said that 9550 chip (used by this fake) has much lower clockspeeds.

I think you have right to return this card since its faked and demand new for replacement.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
The card works fine and I overclocked it to about a real 9600 pro level
There are 2 problems to returning that
1. The store where I bought it is across the south china sea
2. I bought it last year

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I have a Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb model. I'll check the clock speeds when I get my other computer back. Thanks for the news. I'll get back to you's to whether ot not it's actualy real. It better be!

edit: Okay after browing on the site, they do make 9600 Pro's ;) They are discontinued though, and I managed to find mine here. Now this doesn't mean they aren't still being sold, so check right here for their discontinued list ;)

Don't freak out yet, just check.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
i've seen a powercolor 9200se card running 100/100MHz if taht isnt fake, what could be :p

and yeah, those have pretty real box, really tricky

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I forgot to mention: Taking the heatsink off on mine to check the number on the core (9550) as well as checking the clockspeed of the memory 400MHz DDR confirmed mine is a fake.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
That totally sucks. Is there any way you can get your money back?

·
band
4,912 Posts
hmm...that sucks...well at least u overclocked it to stable 9600pro levels rite?

EDIT: Razor, im betting never been to China / dealt with Chinese dealers b4. The words "return", "refund" or "customer service" are almost nonexistent in their vocabulary.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>EDIT: Razor, im betting never been to China / dealt with Chinese dealers b4. The words "return", "refund" or "customer service" are almost nonexistent in their vocabulary.

LOL. Nope, the only chinaman I dealt with was one who lived in Canada. He seemed to have the same attitude, and didn't want to bargain. :rolleyes:

Damnitt! I really hate not being able to confirm if mine is real or not! My other computer is at my sisters house.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Player-X said:
I forgot to mention: Taking the heatsink off on mine to check the number on the core (9550) as well as checking the clockspeed of the memory 400MHz DDR confirmed mine is a fake.
Yes, from your picture, it's exactly the same as my friend's PowerColor Radeon 9600 pro, well...I cannot blame PowerColor(Tul's) Company though cause it's not their fault, Sorry... if only I found and post this article early...

EDIT: Wait! In your picture, there's an "EZ" logo at the top right corner... from what I remember the fake one doesn't have "EZ" logo, I check the powercolor website in discontinue products, Radeon 9600pro EZ runs at 400/400...so yours might be real.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Razor Blade said:
Well I have a Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb model. I'll check the clock speeds when I get my other computer back. Thanks for the news. I'll get back to you's to whether ot not it's actualy real. It better be!

edit: Okay after browing on the site, they do make 9600 Pro's ;) They are discontinued though, and I managed to find mine here. Now this doesn't mean they aren't still being sold, so check right here for their discontinued list ;)

Don't freak out yet, just check.
Yup, yours are the correct and true Radeon 9600pro, the part#(number) for the fake powercolor Radeon 9600 pro is "R96T-QC3" which is not available on powercolor USA product list.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, gotta be careful these days. I got an OEM sapphire 9600 pro and the memory chips turned out to be low quality and only clocked at 222mhz instead of 300. The core clocked easily up to almost 9600xt level, so that helped ease the pain.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Sampah said:
from what I remember the fake one doesn't have "EZ" logo
Mine doesn't have that :p But it could be because I live in canada or something. You know, diffrent manufacturers, or they changed their stickers? Everything else is the same though. I'm pretty sure mine is real. It's still killing me not knowing for sure, but the part number is not the one like the fake so I think i'm safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts