Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Problem:
You are launching your dolphin emulator and get this message: "Failed to load plugin Plugins\Plugin_VideoDX9.dll - unknown error".

Solution:
You will have to update your DirectX in order for the plugins to load normally. Either from the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer which will only download what is missing or with the DirectX End-User Runtimes which downloads the full package.

What if you're having this problem on vista?
Vista has DX10, ya know.
Vista has DX10 which is newer than DX9 however Vista uses both DX9 and DX10 and both keep getting updates every 2-3 months, the latest update by the moment of this post was November 2008 so you should update it anyway.

Note:
In case the links in this post dont work you should try using a searching engine like google for "DirectX Runtimes August 2009" or newer if you can find it (the SDK isnt needed). Or look in the newest posts in this thread in case someone posted a link to them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello,
Thank you, it no longer gives me an error. However the DX9 plugin no longer works with games it used to work with, like Baten Kaitos 0rigins. For some reason the game would actually play and all but it won't show any graphics at all.

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Thank you Shadow Lady for making a sticky on this commonly asked question.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,
Thank you, it no longer gives me an error. However the DX9 plugin no longer works with games it used to work with, like Baten Kaitos 0rigins. For some reason the game would actually play and all but it won't show any graphics at all.
Hmm unless you are trying the exact same version and settings I dont think it's related to the directx update :/

·
Registered
22 Posts
The method I provided before doesn't work, it only makes Dolphin ignore the error so yes you have to update your DirectX but to 9.25.1476 that's December 2008.
I apologise to anyone I misleaded by my post before.

·
Registered
22 Posts
- Useless Post -

·
Registered
21 Posts
Vista Error

I get the error in vista but i already installed dx9 latest and i have a that is different that is ogl reder error

what is this error mean and how can i fix it

any one help me.............:(

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
I'd installed DX9 (Nov 2008) and it hadn't worked.....but when I re-installed DX9, it now works.

r2rX :)

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
I just compiled revision 2506, and the DirectX 9 video plugin isn't showing up in the plugin configuration, only the OGL plugin is listed/shown..

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
I know, but I heard someone say that they just compiled a new revision and the DX9 plugin had some amazing changes/fixes, so I thought it was working now..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts