Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everything on my epsxe is working fine. and i can save using the memory cards, but the only problem is using the f1 and f3 save states, they don't work. when i press f2 it can change slots but when i press f1 or f3 it doesn't work. and i used logging to see what i do. and everytime i press f1 it says save state completed or something like that, and when i press f3 it says load state completed or something like that. but it just doesn't do anything in teh game, is there a way to fix this?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello, i created memcards because i didnt know where to download them, so i just downloaded a memory manager program and created new memcards and i just put the memcards in my bios folder. and in the epsxe program i just put the address to the memcards. there is no separate memcards folder. and the only things in the bios folder are the two memcards and the bios. do i need to get a separate sstates file?

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ok ok let's start the whole thing over.

go to epsxe.com and get the newest one. unzip ePSXe and make sure it creates folders for memcards, BIOS, sstates, etc. it should already come with 2 blank memory cards.

that way, all your directories will be made.

keep your memory cards in the memcards folder, your save states in sstates, etc. there are different folders for a reason ;)

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, common mistake for people to simply drag them out, you have to extract it. the delete.me files are there just to hold the folders ;)

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I am having more or less the same problems here, although mine seems a bit dynamic. While in game i can use f2 and f3 but f1 saving will not work. Also it seems now saving from the gui dosent even work (everything was working fine from the gui a little while ago..). I have checked the log, in game it records changing slots and loading slots, but f1 does nothing. When saving from the gui, it records saving but the save does not work.... This problem does keep altering slightly with sometimes saving is possible from the gui and sometimes loading doesent work in game and sometimes slots are a bit buggy etc.....

I have all the correct folders and everything, and i used to use ePSXe quite a while ago and it worked fine then...
Any ideas?

· Registered
5 Posts
lol, things seem to have got worse, did a complete re install and everything, now i cant even save though the GUI...

Yere i went and tried PSXeven, everything worked fine...
so i might just give up on ePSXe and use that :(

· Registered
6 Posts
Im something of a final fantasy fanatic and i want to play all the classics (i started with final fantasy x). I have a laptop with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor, 512 mb of ram) and a Radeon X200 xpress (128 mb) video card. My card supports DirectX 9.0b and Open GL 2.0. I downloaded a program that installed a crapload of plugins and Im just curious if anyone could tell me what would work best. Thx for the time.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, first step. find where you downloaded all your emulation stuff to. got it? ok delete that folder.

i do not trust any packs of plugins. ive seen them everywhere, from random websites to torrent sites, yeah, no good. first go to www.epsxe.com and get ePSXe 1.5.2. then, go to ngemu.com/psx and get the plugins you need; Pete's OGL2 for video, Eternal 1.41 for sound, and since you have a laptop, i would recommend making an ISO out of each disc (use something like CloneCD , Alcohol 120%, or ISObuster). there are guides on this site for FF7, 8, and 9 in OGL2 that you should find helpful.

if you are really a FF fanatic, i beg you to stop there, dont play FF4, 5, or 6 on PSX. not only are their glitches (especially FF4) but the ports suck. play them on ZSNES, or even get the GBA version (FF4 i mean). well, if you're a FF fanatic, you already knew all that info, but ya know, just in case ;)

PS. next time, dont jack threads. it's ok to go make your own. this thread was about save states, not about what plugins work best for FF. it's ok you're not in trouble, it's just one of those "please consider next time" things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.