Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
i say this game is excellent it scare the crap out of me i also took a pic running on a
1.2ghz intel celeron
512mb of ram
a nVidia geforcefx 5200 256mb (its a lil choppy but that doesn't mean i can't play the game)
oh and also i left my room twice XD

CKemu said:
Errffff oO

Well ran it at 'maxed' out settings (1280x960 / AA 8xS / AF 8x / max details.) Ran horrifically, slow, stuttery, and somewhat poor considering what was on screen (doom 3-esque black, with more black), somewhat lack-lustre graphics.

It's really painfully un-impressive, does nothing for the genre, some poor animations, low res textures in most places (look at the floor and count the pixels folks), okay this is a demo, but generic warehouse is getting a tad BORING, gun fire etc was poorly done.....seriously BAD plot, completely emotionless voice overs...erff, delete time....can't even be arsed to post screenshots.
Seeing how you have an FX card and this game uses PS2.0 quite extensively, I see no reason why you should be able to play at such high resolution with AA/AF. :/ I thought the graphics were quite good.

Nah, I'm playing on max settings @ 1024x768 and it runs great.

Its very slow on my 9600pro even overclocked. 1024x768 Medium seems playable though :\

Your running on max ingame settings for both computer and graphics cooliscool? oO runs like crap even with no AA and AF on my machine if i put it on max + the damn mouse delay that i hate. you still have that ATi Radeon 9800 Pro or did u forget to update ur sig?

Oh and CKemu, u must be playing another demo for sure. Its no where near the doom 3 darkness, not even close, theres only 1 place when its actually too dark but thats when the lights go off lol, i also dont remember seeing low res textures and i found the weapons fire pretty good, except for the shotgun, but all the others felt pretty good, specially the recoil is well done.

P.S.- check if u didnt enable Pixel Doubling by mistake CKemu xD

With regards to running the game with maxed out settings, that was a test, basically to see how 'pretty' the game actually is, and the graphics are mediocre (sp? ehe), it ran like the 3D Mark 2005 demo in terms of speed, which made me chuckle regardless of PS2.0 usage, because for what was displayed on screen, it's really quite crud.

Game runs at a decent speed with 1024x768 / medium settings / app controlled AA + AF. Alas I have deleted the demo already, but seriously point your head down to the floor, walk up to a wall (assuming you're not using 640x480 / 800x600, because then it's pixels galore ;) ), and go count the pretty blurry pixels.

Over critical, moi? Perhaps, but seriously how long are you going to keep accepting this tripe. I liked Battlefield 2 though (even though I think the whole WW thing is getting over-used, and OMG the bugs).

Seriously, this game has no story (thus far), atleast Doom3 had something flimsy to cling on to as you beat down yet more monsters in Repeating Corridor A through to Generic Room C, but ain't you a tad tired by Generic Warehouse / Industrial Room A, no new gameplay concepts, same old weapon set, and frightening?...haha I have to actually laugh at that, frightening to perhaps a 10 year old.

What about some big scary city,...Midgar FPS? :p How about some kind of FPS that takes you outside to a vast roaming forest, or some desolate mountain range, spooky little japanese village (play Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly), and for petes sake throw in some ninja throwing stars, and the shotzi (shotgun meets uzi :evil: ).

Okay, I'm a tad jaded, but this seriously doesn't hit the mark, I hope when it hits shelves it's a budget title, because then it'd actually have more going for it.

This is why I founded the CKemu fan club. Tells it like it is, in the most hilarious manner. He's right, I haven't seen that many pixels since fmv on the Sega CD.:p

Lets leave the "game has no story" argument until we get our hands on the full game. You cant expect them to tell the story in a few short levels do you?

>> and for petes sake throw in some ninja throwing stars, and the shotzi (shotgun meets uzi ).

Oh, dont worry they are developing CKemu's perfect game as soon as they are done getting F.E.A.R out the door :p

CKemu said:
With regards to running the game with maxed out settings, that was a test, basically to see how 'pretty' the game actually is, and the graphics are mediocre (sp? ehe), it ran like the 3D Mark 2005 demo in terms of speed, which made me chuckle regardless of PS2.0 usage, because for what was displayed on screen, it's really quite crud.

Game runs at a decent speed with 1024x768 / medium settings / app controlled AA + AF. Alas I have deleted the demo already, but seriously point your head down to the floor, walk up to a wall (assuming you're not using 640x480 / 800x600, because then it's pixels galore ;) ), and go count the pretty blurry pixels.

Over critical, moi? Perhaps, but seriously how long are you going to keep accepting this tripe. I liked Battlefield 2 though (even though I think the whole WW thing is getting over-used, and OMG the bugs).

Seriously, this game has no story (thus far), atleast Doom3 had something flimsy to cling on to as you beat down yet more monsters in Repeating Corridor A through to Generic Room C, but ain't you a tad tired by Generic Warehouse / Industrial Room A, no new gameplay concepts, same old weapon set, and frightening?...haha I have to actually laugh at that, frightening to perhaps a 10 year old.

What about some big scary city,...Midgar FPS? :p How about some kind of FPS that takes you outside to a vast roaming forest, or some desolate mountain range, spooky little japanese village (play Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly), and for petes sake throw in some ninja throwing stars, and the shotzi (shotgun meets uzi :evil: ).

Okay, I'm a tad jaded, but this seriously doesn't hit the mark, I hope when it hits shelves it's a budget title, because then it'd actually have more going for it.
Well i just finished playing the game again, this time with no light on the room and no folks watching TV, and trust me, the game freaks you out some times, even when i already knew the child was gonna appear when u climb down the ladder i jumped off my chair and my hart started pumping, doom 3 didnt frighten me AT ALL, not once. And im used to scary games (finished Project Zero 1 and 2 more then once)

As for the story, im not gonna say anything untill i try the full game. As for now it doesnt seem that bad. Theres some kid with telepatic powers that's having nightmares, and theres another bad guy that i dunno whats wrong with him thats trying to find that chield for whatever evil stuff he wants to do, thats all u can tell by the demo. Hey its a story, as good as doom 3 if not better.

Oh and if you stick 2 inches from a wall ofcourse its gonna look a bit crappy, but ffs its like any other game. Here are some floor shots and tell me if its THAT crappy.

And these shots weren't taken with everything maxed:

Well, I suspect that from this demo the plot is going to be thin (read miserably pathetic), I would hope they flesh out the reasoning behind Mr Evil Flesh Eater 01, and Girly with nightmares 01, and perhaps the character you play as (generic, new to the field, but hey near invincible / lifeless), it'd be nice (for once).

It's not scary......no seriously, I went for the pitch black approach, wacked up sound and it still failed to make me jump, dunno, I think to make me jump you need plot, you need to know that jumpy thing is evil....

Given the speed, I was hoping for some sexy textures, long / medium range shots they look fine, but short to close range, when stuff is getting tight and gritty, oh bai bai atmosphere. Anyone think that the text in the intro was a touch hard to read (with high res).

But ignoring that for a second, surely you agree with my other points that this game does nothing new, and ain't you getting tired of it.

The action is interesting to say the least, all the enemies seem to have some degree of storm trooper syndrome, I have some graphical problems most of which I have never seen before like when looking at certain things a square area where walls aren't visible apear in front of me

Yeah i agree the game has nothing new, bullet time that everygame seems to have it now, physics that everygame seems to have, nothing special with the weapons (altough that blaster that turns them to skeletons is pretty damn nice xD), but the game is fun to play, and thats all i care about really xD (im more of an arcade gamer), the graphics are nice altough i wish it ran better, and i enjoy these wierd games that freak me out.

Anyway as for the short range shots heres a comparison from HL2 (i would say everyone agrees this is a high rez textures game) and Fear, all with maxed settings same AF and same resolution, same distance, and lol i say that FEAR one looks better:

(Do i need to get a doom 3 shot too?)

Don't bother with the DOOM3 shot, I think black doesn't have res requirements ;) :p

Game didn't press any buttons for me, for an FPS to be fun these days, it needs to break some ground (for me atleast), perhaps I am expecting too much from what is completely mindless point and click 'fun'.

How about some AI, 'Monster A' stalks 'Player01' for 5 mins, making creepy footstep noises behind you, occasionally knocking over stuff, or casting eerie shadows, and when you get attacked by 'Storm Trooper01-06' it pounces on you from behind, or waits till you're in a small confined space..and BAM, rips ya head off....jumping at me with guns blazing, and teeth baring isn't gonna thrill me, I am gonna sip my coffee and click on ya ugly head ;)

I can see that people must just want, generic warehouses, military complexes, industrial corridors, with a smattering of plot (oh evil skitso wench having nightmares, driving guy crazy, send in the marines), throw you some guns, and yeehaaww wam bam.

Funny thing is I love arcade gaming, but this just grated every nerve in my body (guess you can tell huh :D

Discussion starter · #59 · (Edited)
oh well, everyone has entitled to their own opinions, i myself didnt expect too much innovation from this one so mebbe thats why im not hugely dissapointed after playing it.
(although i thought that they removed the uber powerfull unamarmed combat from the MP beta...)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.