Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, ive recently been experiencing some really slow connection to my internet. I have comcast cable internet and im using 2 routers. Ive never had my internet this slow before. It all started happening after i started using bittorent. for the time i had bittorrent, i opened my ports for it, and turned off my norton worm protection. Afterwards i scan my computer for viruses and such, and find nothing, so it cant be that. I also defrag my computer. Then i reconnected all my internet wires, and reset the modem. My friend who lives down the street is also getting the same internet, but his speed is normal. I dont know what else it could be.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Which programs have you used to scan up for badwares? if you didn't try SpySweeper yet, I think you should...
Are the ports configured correctly? Maybe you have messed the port configs when you opened it all for bittorent.

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used Norton antivirus 2006. and i already closed the ports for bit, it was like 6889-6999

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Aha, I don't put my hands on fire for that Norton antivirus. Try running Spysweeper, Ad-Aware or Spybot Search&Destroy. you know those p2p programs comes loaded with spywarez and things alike. They may be slowing down your connection too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.