Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to record FF9 using ePSXe with fraps ( problem occurs with other recorders ) It works fine until i enter a battle where extream slowdown occurs. Since i have a pretty good system (ATI 4850, Phenom ii X4 ect.) I dont think its cause of my computer. Its not the graphical settings on epsxe either as i tried the absolute lowest settings.

So i was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this problem?

Jordan.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
nobody gets help unless they post full information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem here

I know, I'm a Thread-necrophile :D

But I got the same problem. I've tried many Configs with many other GPU-plugins, the result was different.

The overall best result while recording FF9 with Fraps I got with the OGL2 Driver (version 2.9 AND 2.8): Great solution & Lookout, no graphic Bugs, no lags except in Battles (and sometimes in the menu). I tried it at the lowest Solution while setting Fraps down to Half-Size and just 30 FPS (instead of 60): Same problem. Also, it doesn't matter if I'm playing in fullscreen or window mode.
In the other Plugins I could choose overall under Special game fixes the 0x0200, which fixed sonething in the FF9-Battle-Screen (Didn't got the whole point beceause I'm not naturally English, I'm German :D), but I guess, it was the visibility of the battle menu. And the Battles were running really better with the other plugins (in sight of fps and slowdowns), but there were other problems like Pixel-filled animations, the yellow background-thing, that showed, which character's turn in battle was (sorry, don't know exactly, how to describe it... Who knows FFIX, knows, what I meant, I guess^^), was very buggy (just half-to-see or there were "holes" in that yellow thingy under the HP-and MP-counters) or some other buggy things. Could somebody help me, how to remove the slowdowns in battles with the OGL2-Plugin? Here my current settings (I've tried many others of course, too):

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio:
- No render-to-texture: {
à

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000002]

Thx for any help ^.^

Edit:

I solved it almost completely myself by trying a lot more around with the configs.The FPS are nice, the graphics are as smooth as they should be and so on. My only problem is now that yellow bar showing who's turn in battles. Does anyone know, what's the reason, why it's broken? Here's a screenshot:

Normally, it shall be not look so... buggy as it's lookin now and shall be under the character's name, too.
My current States of the GPU-Plugin (now D3D) are:
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Resolution/Color:
- 1280x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 30.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: on [00000200]

Any suggestions, how to solve it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.