Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
They have a few applications listed as being able to perform such a task over at Zophar.net, but I've never been able to get them to work correctly. I dunno if it's my setup, OS, or some other factor, but the most I've ever been able to do is view STR based movies. Though it'd require some effort, you could always either log Wave/DirectSound output from an emulator and convert it into some other format (MP3, perhaps), play the game on an actual PSX and reroute audio to your soundcard, or, since it's a Squaresoft game, look for MP3s on an audio sharing service such as Napster or Audiogalaxy.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
There is a way of extracting directly from the game, but u need a soundfont create capable sound card, some rare utilities and lotsa time and patience, so, its better 4 u to download it :D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
If you are determined to try and get the music off the disk here's how I'd try it.

1. get psmplay from the misc tools area
2. use the analyse disk option to see if it can find any music tracks.
3. use output as wav option
4. use whatever program you use to make mp3s with. Me I use Winamp's mp3 output plugin.

I cannot be sure if it will work mind you as I haven't tried it... yet. But you will definately be able to get melodies of life from the ending sequence of disk 4.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Yeah but "melodies of life" is encoded in the actual FMV and thus can't be extacted by that method.... or do they also have a copy of the song on an audio track. That would be dumb if you ask me.

C

·
0 Posts
cluthu was speaking of plain ol' CDDA, which is used in some PSX games...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok now that I'm awake. (The last post was at 2:30 am) I have tried the method described and its bollocks. The music is not in a format that psmplay can read... except Melodies of life on disk 4 as I already stated. Still I got one :emb:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
All I can say to that is that you are quite correct here... and I can read so I noticed this fact the first time that you posted it.

However that said I was intregued as to whether or now I could do this myself. As you should be quite aware of from the which connection do you use poll most ppl in the world are still using 56K modems and as such to download the full ff9 soundtrack will take a considerable amount of time. In fact there are 108 songs to download. This being in point it might make more sense to at least attempt to get the songs directly from the cds which I own.

Moreoverrlike I said 2 posts up I was mistaken as to the method that I suggested. You did not need to rub salt into the wound. Thankyou and gooday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts