Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the epsxe/memcards directory, there are epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr. These two files are full thus i can't save anymore (i can still use savestate but sometimes save to memcards is necessary). How can i get extra memcard files like epsxe002.mcr or epsxe003.mcr so i don't have to delete the savings in the current two files?

·
Registered
654 Posts
There are several ways.

One is MemManager.
Another is PSXGameEdit.
Another is to use the ePSXeCutor front-end. Or Delta.

Finally, you could just make copies of the files and rename them to whatever you want. Configure ePSXe to point at the new ones, then Run BIOS and delete all the saves through the Playstation memory manager menu.

I recommend ePSXeCutor or Delta, they offer lots of other benefits, like letting you have a separate configuration for each game.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
im not sure if ePSXe does it, PSXeven does though...if you point the emulator to a file that doesnt exist (i.e. newcard.mcr) it will create it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have done this before, pointing it to a non-existent file. It creates a new file and should work fine if you have a little free hard drive space (It doesn't take much). Also note, the ePSXe distribution doesn't come with any MCR files in it, so the emulator has to create the first two as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.