Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i imported an AR battery file via the third party program "xps2sav" because i was unaware that sps&xps files were renamable. now, even though the battery has been modified through playing in VBA, when i export as a SPS, it exports the state that it was at when i imported it before, instead of what the current state is when playing in VBA. really weird. i tested with another game, simply grabbing from AR, renaming as SPS, importing via VBA, playing for a sec, exporting, renaming as XPS, restoring via AR and this worked fine. so basically the other program f*ed me up. is there a way to fix the export?

ADD: also tried exporting new SAV battery file, creating new instance of rom, importing, exporting SPS battery. same result.

ADD2: vba version 1.8 Beta 3
the game that isnt working is FESS, the game that did work is pkmn emerald.
yes, it appears to be saving correctly, because when i play it has been saved -_-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok so apparently the problem is in the AR writing the save.... cus it works when importing the sps back into vba. sorry for not testing this earlier. any ideas?

ADD: it is actually writing the original backup, as opposed to writing nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.