Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what would be causing my Explore.exe to Crash EVERY time i cashe (probley spelled the word wrong) thumbnails for mpegs? its been happening abit to frequently for some reason

·
Forgot this place existed
100 Posts
happens to me but not always, it can do it with anything winamp related (association) (uh-oh). Mp3, avis, mpgs ,etc.

I hate when it put audio files in Thumbnails and sorted in reverse :mad:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The issue is caused by your Directshow Mpeg2 filter... You've installed a codec that is conflicting with a prior one. The ONLY way to fix the issue is to get relict directshow viewer, and remove the offending codec. Or to reinstall XP which is pretty extreme.

This is one reason you should NEVER, EVER install on of those codec packs...they will almost always cause issues such as this.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
dpence said:
The issue is caused by your Directshow Mpeg2 filter... You've installed a codec that is conflicting with a prior one. The ONLY way to fix the issue is to get relict directshow viewer, and remove the offending codec. Or to reinstall XP which is pretty extreme.

This is one reason you should NEVER, EVER install on of those codec packs...they will almost always cause issues such as this.
Well the same thing was happening after a fresh reinstall the last time ( this is the 4th time i reinstalled windows since i got this new computer)

EDIT

I think i know what it is, for some damn reason i didnt think about it untill dpence mentioned the mpeg filter. its the new ffdshow that was screwing it up. i forgot what thread that had the link but it was 20041003 (which was the file name) after i uninstalled it. it stopped crashing. guse it was a codec conflict or something oO

·
Forgot this place existed
100 Posts
but what causes the bug to always get my music folders to be in thumbnails with a reversed names order ???????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts