Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
translated by GaijinPunch who runs JapanGaming said:
On the 27th, Nintendo CEO Iwata Satoru said in regards to the price tag of their next generation game machine Revolution (working title) will be in a different price range than both Microsoft and Sony game machines, stating they were aiming below the retail price tag of 39,795 yen of Microsoft's Xbox360 which went on sale earlier this month. Also, it's been noted that their handheld game system Nintendo DS which went on sale in December of last year has sold over 5 million units nationwide.
source
The most I would pay for this quarter of a baby step towards virtual immersion is a little more than $100 especially considering it will have a minimal graphical upgrade and knowing Nintendo it will be full of tech demo grade crap simulators like a cooking game.
 

·
Familiar Face
Joined
·
5,307 Posts
Taisen said:
source
The most I would pay for this quarter of a baby step towards virtual immersion is a little more than $100 especially considering it will have a minimal graphical upgrade and knowing Nintendo it will be full of tech demo grade crap simulators like a cooking game.
LMAO, that's a good way of putting it.:rotflmao: Yeah, I sorta got tired of the kiddie/pointless sims that nintendo can't seem to let go. This is a system that would only get my attention if the PS3 were to turn out to be a major letdown (which isn't likely to happen).:p It's not so much the money to me, because no matter the cost, I'd make up the money to get a system I really wanted instead of selling short.;) Nintendo needs to start giving us reasons to even take a second look at this thing instead of keeping secrets, cause it's only hurting them at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,973 Posts
I dunno, I thought I got a lot for $150....

A) GameCube, Zelda: WW, OoT, MM, 64 expansion pack add on, GBA to GC cable.

B) Playstation 2 *slim*, Network Adaptor I'll never use

A is pro'lly better than B, but both were good deals, IMSHO...
 

·
Familiar Face
Joined
·
5,307 Posts
Exodus said:
you get what you pay for?
It's more like, how can you put a price tag on entertainment?:p I figure for as much time as I expect to get out of a new console, $300-$400+ isn't alot considering the hours of use I plan to get out of it.;)
 

·
...and now they do.
Joined
·
21,673 Posts
if the revolution offers the same amount as the gc, i wouldn't pay more than $50. and that's with a free rpg. :p
 

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
Joined
·
782 Posts
Nintendo gears it's systems toward the younger audiences. Also, the ones who have parents that won't allow "M" rated games in their household. (A little to much if you ask me - the kid will just end up doing worse things in the future). The Xbox 360 is geared more towards the teens, like the original, and the Playstations are really geared toward everyone. Sony has a tasty blend of games, Microsoft is the all out shoot and splatter blood, and Nintendo is the little tikes. I'm looking forwards to getting my Xbox 360. I honestly think Nintendo is going to die somewhere along the lines here in the United States, but in other places like Japan it will remain extremely popular - Sony's real competition in Japan is with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,973 Posts
No offense but the most I ever paid for a console was $229.99, for the Playstation with Battle Arena Toshiden as a pack in, and nowadays, I'm unwilling to pay more than $150...Which I did for the Dreamcast, Playstation 2, and GameCube...
I just don't believe a console is worth $300....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
I wouldnt mind paying 300 or so for a console (never had payed that amount yet). I really thinking about getting new next gen console went they make revisions after the intial release. Im a PC person but once i saw Call of Duty 2 i was really impressed. I dont care controllers for fps but for the price i would consider it and i cant overhaul my system every year to keep up

As for the Revolution i can't seeing anyone paying more than $250 for intial release. I would only consider buying it for $200 or so since it wont have many games. We all know that even if the revolution will be released it will face the same problems it always has and its game selection. The only games i ever looked foward would be the Zelda series. Besides that most games released since Nintendo 64 to Gamecube are rehashes. Like most people im still waiting for the ps3 or until Xbox 360 gets games i like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
My sense of reality is fine. I have followed Nintendo for 23 years - I *know* them well.

If you want me to put a % on it, there is a 80% chance the Revolution will be $99.99 at launch. There is a 20% chance it will be $149.99 dollars.

Laugh now, but come May I will be just as amazed when Nintendo announces it will be $99.99.

Oh, and they also plan to release it a week after E3 in a 'surprise' announcement. How do I know this? Well, the revolution went gold in December 2005, they are already making consoles.

The price point is Nintendo's real secret weapon, not the Virtual Console Collection!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,014 Posts
If the system comes out for more than $149, Nintendo will be having some serious problems competing with Sony and MS, especially since Nintendo hasn't had that much of a market for games in years beyond their own first party offerings.
 

·
Psychotic Robot Master
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
We see a $150 to $199 price tag...though we drift more towards the $150 price. Nintendo will cash in on accessories and gizmos for the new controller as well as fees associated with virtual console.

The Obvious has spoken
Fixeded.
Sorry DW but :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I expect the lowest it will be is $199 but I could see it being as high as $300.

The virtual console will flop like a fish on land. They should have tried setting something like this up on the DS perhaps.

iirc if the revolution doesn't sell better than the GC Nintendo will consider it a failure. I doubt it will see sales that exceed the GC. If it does I expect the difference to be nominal.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top