Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exclusive: Belkin’s Development Rep is Hiring People to Write Fake Positive Amazon Reviews

know I usually don’t write about consumer advocacy stuff, but I came across this just recently and it’s pretty beyond the pale and I couldn’t let it go without blogging about it. Here’s the scoop. Amazon.com runs a side business called Mechanical Turk. It’s a site where people can go, register, and get paid to do little tasks that computers can’t do (like help image filtering software identify graphic search results for example). Users can do any one of thousands of tasks provided by requesters, who pay them a small amount of money in return (usually anywhere between one cent and a couple dollars per task).

The Daily Background » Exclusive: Belkin’s Development Rep is Hiring People to Write Fake Positive Amazon Reviews

·
Registered
560 Posts
Honestly, this happens all the time. This guy was just dumb enough to stick it on Mechanical Turk.

And $0.65 a post? What a cheapass. One I saw day before yesterday was $5 a post.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well it doesnt surprise me at all, and i do believe other corporations are doing the same boosting there products in someway or another, its just that Belkin was catched red-handed. I dont think they will do anything about the guy in question because he probably acted with there consent.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Caught out for Viral Marketting.

dang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts