Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have an exhuast fan which sit at the slot beside the pc card to move hot air out. Looking at it's location and design, it's better to use for air intake.
But i need to reverse it's wiring for the fan to take in air, will it cause any damage ?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
sportster00 said:
Hello,

i have an exhuast fan which sit at the slot beside the pc card to move hot air out. Looking at it's location and design, it's better to use for air intake.
But i need to reverse it's wiring for the fan to take in air, will it cause any damage ?
No, just flip the fan the other way around. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reichfuher said:
No, just flip the fan the other way around. ;)
There is no way to flip the fan around as the fan is attach into a tunnel-shape cover. So is it safe to reverse it's wiring ?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Reversing the wires isn't going to make it spin the other direction. :p

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Let me guess the tunnel shape cover with the fan inside looks like this
right? That's your whole fan

BTW. it the fan on the back of your PC? then it shoud be an exaust not an intake, intakes go on the front (and in some cases on the side) Exausts go on the rear (and in some cases on top)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The exchuast fan was built to take in air from the fan, move air to the other end and outside the pc case throught an opening. Reversing the fan will take air from outside to inside using the above theory. I forgot to mention that the bottom side is blocked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts