Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ex-Forest Ranger Starts Fire in Classroom

LAKE PLACID, N.Y. - An elementary school was evacuated Thursday after a retired forest ranger accidentally started a fire while teaching students about 19th-century life.
Gary Hodgson was trying to show fifth-graders how pioneers built fires without matches when some gunpowder ignited, school officials and police said.

The classroom filled with smoke, but no students were seriously injured.

It wasn't exactly clear how the 9:30 a.m. accident happened.

Hodgson was hospitalized in stable condition with burns to his face, hands and chest.

"He is an expert," volunteer firefighter Pat Gallagher said. "If you were going into the woods with somebody, he'd be the guy you'd pick."
The sheer irony is enough reason to post this
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.