Next Generation Emulation banner

Evolve Hunter, Graveler and Machoke without trade HG/SS

231K views 87 replies 49 participants last post by  jeloramadhan 
#1 · (Edited)
NOW! play the pokemon heartgold & soulsilver on pc FULLY no need to trade in order to evolve your pokmon

with a small change for the ROM otself, you can evolve all your pokemon directly through level up or holding itmes with no need to trade.
This sounds great for playing on pc emulators.
This works for heartgold and soulsilver mainly. It also runs on pearl, diamond and platinum but I didn't try.

Please follow the instructions carefully:

1- first, download this file and extract it to foler
ev.edit.rabe3ab.zip
2- open NitroExplorer2b.exe
3- press load ROM
4- select your pokemon HG SS DP P game file (ROM)

For HG SS:
5- open the folder a
6- open the subfolder 0
7- open the subfolder 3
8- select the file 4

For DP P
5- open the folder poketool
6- open the subfolder personal
7- select the file evo.narc

9- press Reinsert
10- select the file 4 (as it without extintion) included in the zip file
11- notice "File '4' replaeced successfully" on the bottom
12- you are done, open your pokemon game and enjoy

the pokemon change includes:

- pokemon needed link trade only: now they need level up (just like the others) and they are:

Alakazam lv. 36
Gengar and Golem lv. 50
Machamp lv. 56

- pokemon needed link trade while they hold special item: now they need level up (one more level) while holding the special item and they are:

Dusknoir while it holds the Reaper Cloth
Electivire while it holds the Electirizer
Gorebyss while it holds the DeepSeaScale
Huntail while it holds the DeepSeaTooth
Kingdra while it holds the Dragon Scale
Magmortar while it holds the Magmarizer
Politoed while it holds the King’s Rock
Porygon2 while it holds the Up-Grade
Porygon-Z while it holds the Dubious Disc
Rhyperior while it holds the Protector
Scizor while it holds the Metal Coat
Steelix while it holds the Metal Coat
Slowking while it holds the King’s Rock

please share this topc everywhere.

See less See more
#31 ·
Apparently. I forgot he edited with a slightly different version that also works for those.

#33 ·
I think he meant the 4th file in that folder

#35 ·
I assume so. It wouldn't say file 4 replaced since that's just the position the file held, not it's name.

#39 · (Edited)
Pokemon Black (probably works on white too)

1. Grab ev.edit.pokemon.black from the attachments below
2. Open NitroExplorer2b.exe
3. press load ROM
4. select pokemon black (should work on white too)

5. Open Folder a
6. Open Folder 1
7. Select File 5
8. Select "Reinsert" from the tab options, now select our file 5
9. Message will say file replaced successfully and your done.

CHANGES......

All Pokemon assigned a hold item, the standard "potion", to evolve without trade.........the 4 specific trade only pokemon: Kadabra/Machoke/Gravler/Haunter may still require a trade............this is just a beta version, as i don't think i'll be able to make any more changes without a real editor program..........

EDIT

Incluced "rabe3ab"'s Pokemon Pearl's version of the Pokemon Soul Silver Patch in the attachments below. (correct filesize and header). replace "evo.narc" according to the instructions from the first post for Pokemon Pearl instead of the file "4".

I realize the Pokemon Black patch may not work, that is the file where the "trades" registered, and i'm not far enough in the game to have any of those kinds of pokemon.....its just something to try

#41 ·
A Problem

I altered the save state as you say here but I'm having a problem with my game screen staying black after I complete a battle. I'm wondering if there is a way to undo or ignore this effect. I am using Soul Silver and the DeSmuME emulator, which I think may have something to do with this.

Is it possible to go in and alter the game information to its original state without losing any saved data?

#42 ·
NOW! play the pokemon heartgold & soulsilver on pc FULLY no need to trade in order to evolve your pokmon

with a small change for the ROM otself, you can evolve all your pokemon directly through level up or holding itmes with no need to trade.
This sounds great for playing on pc emulators.
This works for heartgold and soulsilver mainly. It also runs on pearl, diamond and platinum but I didn't try.

Please follow the instructions carefully:

1- first, download this file and extract it to foler
ev.edit.rabe3ab.zip
2- open NitroExplorer2b.exe
3- press load ROM
4- select your pokemon HG SS DP P game file (ROM)

For HG SS:
5- open the folder a
6- open the subfolder 0
7- open the subfolder 3
8- select the file 4

For DP P
5- open the folder poketool
6- open the subfolder personal
7- select the file evo.narc

9- press Reinsert
10- select the file 4 (as it without extintion) included in the zip file
11- notice "File '4' replaeced successfully" on the bottom
12- you are done, open your pokemon game and enjoy

please share this topc everywhere.

Im stuck in step 8 for Platinum. Select evo.narc, and then?

#46 ·
Pokemon Black (probably works on white too)

1. Grab ev.edit.pokemon.black from the attachments below
2. Open NitroExplorer2b.exe
3. press load ROM
4. select pokemon black (should work on white too)

5. Open Folder a
6. Open Folder 1
7. Select File 5
8. Select "Reinsert" from the tab options, now select our file 5
9. Message will say file replaced successfully and your done.

CHANGES......

All Pokemon assigned a hold item, the standard "potion", to evolve without trade.........the 4 specific trade only pokemon: Kadabra/Machoke/Gravler/Haunter may still require a trade............this is just a beta version, as i don't think i'll be able to make any more changes without a real editor program..........

EDIT

Incluced "rabe3ab"'s Pokemon Pearl's version of the Pokemon Soul Silver Patch in the attachments below. (correct filesize and header). replace "evo.narc" according to the instructions from the first post for Pokemon Pearl instead of the file "4".

I realize the Pokemon Black patch may not work, that is the file where the "trades" registered, and i'm not far enough in the game to have any of those kinds of pokemon.....its just something to try
I think youre missing a step... folder a has a list of sub folders, and folder 1 also has a list of subfolders. which subfolder contains the file 5 to be replaced in the next step

#52 ·
it's not a make it work thing, it's plain a make it thing since the games are different and thus store different stuff in different places so it would have to be made from scratch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.