Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summary: all the inputs from the controller being mapped seem to work fine, and are detected by various test programs, games and x360ce. The x360ce emulated is seen by all these programs as well, but never generates the button presses etc. corresponding to the inputs from the mapped controller.

I'm testing whether or not the emulated controller is generating button presses and control stick movements by using the "Game Controllers" window "Properties" button and DX Tweak, both of which I start using the buttons at the bottom left of the x360ce window, and in the game itself, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Steam version).

I've never had any problem with the non-emulated controller that's being mapped. It's a PS3 controller using BthPS3 and DsHidMini. It appears as "DS3 Compatible HID Device" in both the Game Controllers configuration app, DX Tweak and the game in which I want to use x360ce (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood), and in all cases I see all inputs going to the application and the controller works fine. (Well, not quite fine in AC Brotherhood: its inbility to map the triggers of an HID gamepad is why I need to use an emulated 360 controller with it.)

x360ce seems to see the mapped controller just fine as well, and when I select it as the controller to map, inputs from it appear in the x360ce controller window when "Get XInput State" is checked or unchecked. I've appended to this post a screenshot of what it looks like with a couple of buttons held down and the right stick moved off centre.

I don't have any other games in the drop-down list except the "x360ce" one that you see there. (I had added AC Brotherhood, but when I realised that I didn't actually need any remapping, just standard 360 controller emulation, I removed it because it seemed to add unnecessary complexity.)

I am pretty sure I have had this working in the past for a few moments (in both Game Controllers and AC Brotherhood), but I cannot be absolutely certain because I wasn't looking for problems at the time. (I may have confused this with the DS3 HID controller, but I do recall seeing the different Xbox Controller button prompts in AC Brotherhood while I was testing.) Since it broke I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ViGEmBus driver and rebooted several times, but I can't seem to get things working again. And given that x360ce sees inputs from the mapped controller, and the emulated controller appears to all other programs, this would appear to be a problem with x360ce itself. (I am guessing that I may have misconfigured something in it.)

So, help? This appears to be a great program and exactly what I need for all sorts of things, but I just can't seem to get the basic configuration working.

Photograph Light Product Font Screenshot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it seems to have started working again. I just went and re-added ACBSP.exe to the games list and (after reconfiguring Steam to no longer emulate a Steam controller, which had somehow cut off ACB's ability to see any controllers at all) the "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" controller is working again. However, when I try it out in the "Game Controllers" setting window, it still doesn't work. Is it the case the emulated controller will be shown to all applications, but will never generate input for applications that aren't explicitly entered into the game list?

(Oh, another thing I forgot to mention, I've usually been running x360ce.exe as admin, though not always, if that makes any difference. My understanding was that it was needed only if you let it install the dshidmini driver, which is already installed on my system.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts