Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:

Hey Folks ,

I am a new user of epsxe and I have the program running all my favorite games , video is excellant, sound is great , I am getting the mdecs to run with out freezing , and I am really impressed with the program overall .

The only problem I am haveing is I am unable to exit any game with out the computer freezeing . I hit escape and the computer locks up , and I have to hit ctrl alt delete to reboot , if anyone could help I would greatly apreciate it .

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I don't know a real fix to that, but I know some people have bypassed that problem by running their games through ePSXecutor. You can get it here.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sounds like it could be a problem with your video drivers. Try running in windowed mode and see if it happens. Also see if there are any updates for your video drivers.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I fixed the crashing problems on my computer by using epsxe executor as Adair said.. I did some testing and it seems to only crash when the epsxe gui is open.. If I run executor, the epsxe gui is not opened when I run games.. I even used executor with the "show gui" option and it crashed.. So I surmised that it has something to do with the epsxe gui opening.. So I tried running games with the "-nogui" command and voila, no crashes.. so either use executor or the "-nogui" command..

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Well for some games it will become a problem.. But some games lets you save before the next disk.. So those won't be a problem..

I remember someone saying something about using savestates to go to the next disk.. Haven't tried it myself.. I will probably need to do it once I go to the second disk of MGS..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts