Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Psychotic Robot Master
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my quality settings sucks but meh, the game is cool but gets WAY too boring after the boat scene which is the very first part of the game.. I guess the lack of Violence got me bored of it.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/ for a Free Trial :yippee:

Feel free to add screamshots of your own (higher quality I suppose) if you ever feel like wasting 2 hours of your life downloading the game and 1 hour more to play it and go omfgwtfbbq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,330 Posts
Everything looks like plastic. :???:

Nice to see a trial for such a game though.. :p
 

·
Psychotic Robot Master
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wahahahaha man, cooliscool thats what I said to my brother when we first played it! Omfg we're Dressing up Action Figures! :rotflmao:
 

·
Souless Angel
Joined
·
900 Posts
I'm am currentlya lvl 6 Warrior on the Luc D(cant remember the last part) server. I'm really liking and thinking about switching to full in a few months. My name is Zerolon on there as well.
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
cooliscool said:
Everything looks like plastic. :???:
That's because he hasn't tweaked the model features, I get better results on my PC... I'll post them later.

As for the game, Isle of the Refugee is a tutorial of sorts though I must say it's quite slow in comparison to other tutorials (say WoW's). The game really picks up after you move to either Freeport (evil path) or Queynos (good path).

Those interested in subscribing to this game be forewarned though... this is not by any means RO or PSO. It's not a solo experience. You can do most stuff on your own up to level 15 or so. After that you will always find yourself in the need of grouping with at least a priest. Sony added six zones for solo'ers on the latest patch, I've only tried one and it wasn't that helpful at all (meaning, I didn't earn much experience). If you can bypass that, perhaps like I did by joining a guild, this is a great game... specially if you are into roleplaying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
That's because he hasn't tweaked the model features, I get better results on my PC... I'll post them later.

As for the game, Isle of the Refugee is a tutorial of sorts though I must say it's quite slow in comparison to other tutorials (say WoW's). The game really picks up after you move to either Freeport (evil path) or Queynos (good path).

Those interested in subscribing to this game be forewarned though... this is not by any means RO or PSO. It's not a solo experience. You can do most stuff on your own up to level 15 or so. After that you will always find yourself in the need of grouping with at least a priest. Sony added six zones for solo'ers on the latest patch, I've only tried one and it wasn't that helpful at all (meaning, I didn't earn much experience). If you can bypass that, perhaps like I did by joining a guild, this is a great game... specially if you are into roleplaying.
Kaiser Sigma defending graphics of a game he plays to make sure people get an accurate impression of the game? Say it aint so! Let's just keep this quoted so everyone can remember it. :cool:
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
ChrisRay said:
Kaiser Sigma defending graphics of a game he plays to make sure people get an accurate impression of the game? Say it aint so! Let's just keep this quoted so everyone can remember it. :cool:
I stated the obvious... in any case you forgot to add that while doing so I didn't make a crusade out of it.

Anyways, I am at work now but I have some cool screenshots from some guild events and raids. In the meantime feel free to check the screens posted by Chrisray and I at this thread .
 

·
Psychotic Robot Master
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kaiser Sigma said:
That's because he hasn't tweaked the model features, I get better results on my PC... I'll post them later.

As for the game, Isle of the Refugee is a tutorial of sorts though I must say it's quite slow in comparison to other tutorials (say WoW's). The game really picks up after you move to either Freeport (evil path) or Queynos (good path).

Those interested in subscribing to this game be forewarned though... this is not by any means RO or PSO. It's not a solo experience. You can do most stuff on your own up to level 15 or so. After that you will always find yourself in the need of grouping with at least a priest. Sony added six zones for solo'ers on the latest patch, I've only tried one and it wasn't that helpful at all (meaning, I didn't earn much experience). If you can bypass that, perhaps like I did by joining a guild, this is a great game... specially if you are into roleplaying.
Yeah sadly my Vid. card can't handle the extreme quality.
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Mine either but I've found that using the setup app sucks... only 3 options: low, mid and high. The best you can do is customize the options ingame to find a set up that best suits your specs. Mind you, my framerate suffered greatly when I enabled shadows but it handled fiora (at max detail) quite well, which is a setting enabled with high.

Try to mess around with the settings (thing that I hate), characters' models at high are a almost a must... specially to contemplate the exquisite details of Iksars' skins...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,330 Posts
Nevermore said:
Yeah sadly my Vid. card can't handle the extreme quality.
What card are you running?
 

·
Psychotic Robot Master
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
radeon 9200 is what I use
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Some random screenshots from battles and raids... and one from a rp event, probably the most attended event on the server with at least 30 more people all in one room...
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Depends on the population... normally I get a steady 40-50 fps but I went on a raid to a place that featured groups of 15 enemies, we were 2 parties of 6 persons and one of 3 which makes a total of 30 models on screen... when Mages began to use spells I was like "Lord of Darkness they are raping my PC"...
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top