Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1152x864 resolution. 4xAA/16x AF.

These shots were all taken at about Medium/High Detail. I am no where close to running this game at full detail with the settings I want. My Computer simply isnt strong enough, And I dont think any computer currently is. These were taken in the Sunken City, Sewers and Slums of freeport, So dont expect mucho color.

I get about 15-60 FPS dependent on where I am with my current settings. Apologise for compression. But hey what can ya do with JPG at such low Kb sizes :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Nice shots :) Sounds like a really demanding game. More or less than Doom 3?

ChrisRay said:
Apologise for compression. But hey what can ya do with JPG at such low Kb sizes :)
Use Imageshack ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Hmmm I don't know :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Hey why are all your fps blacked out? :p

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Razor Blade said:
Hey why are all your fps blacked out? :p

To black out my name. I dont like posting my mmorpg names in forums :) you'll notice I did it in the WoW screens too.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
That makes sense I guess :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Okay edited ;) Be more careful next time :heh:

So when can we see those uber cool colorful shots?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Razor Blade said:
Okay edited ;) Be more careful next time :heh:

So when can we see those uber cool colorful shots?
Well I'd have to be in Qeynos or head out the stronger areas outside of freeport (Which I'm just not yet, Kaiser asked me to post some screenies, I will when I can get more content anyway)) so you guys dont get more of the same. Nice thing about the forums is you can easily add/edit more screenies :) And I thought i was pretty careful! lol

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I thought this game was still in Beta. Dang. Too bad I can't play.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Razor Blade said:
I thought this game was still in Beta. Dang. Too bad I can't play.

It got released today, Beta ended Saturday and shipped monday, Either way I'm happy. Tired of beta testing. Want my own chars ;p I got lucky and close tested EQ 2 and WoW.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
So comparing the game to the first which do you like better, setting the graphics aside?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Razor Blade said:
So comparing the game to the first which do you like better, setting the graphics aside?

Well its hard to compare them really. I like Everquest 2 better, Not really because its a better game but when judging a mmorpg I try to judge its overall lifespan.

WoW I dont like the PVP aspect of it, I dont like that theres a language barrier between the horde/alliance, And I think WoW is a bit too "easy". For novice Mmorpgs I think WoW will definately seem appealing. I prefer EQ 2's enviroment., I find it more immersive due the story and background, and the fact that theres no communication barrier. Lots of Role play can be had.

Gameplay wise they are actually very similar with a few glaring contradictions, EQ 2 has a combo system for melee, While WoW sticks the class true Everquest style combo. WoW has less downtime due to an almost arcade like regeneration, Also Solo emphasis is stronger in WoW, Groups in WoW will literally obliterate just about any encounter in WoW, While EQ 2 is more emphasized on stronger group content (But there is solo content its very uniquely seperated in EQ 2)

WoW feels faster than EQ 2, That can be a strength of weakness dependent on how you think of it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These screenshots are at 1024x768 @ 4xAA/16xAF. I lowered the resolution hoping they compressed a bit better (and they seem to of) the next are really demonstrate the lighting of the game. Though screenshots dont do the game justice for its lighting. Speculiar lighting is used heavily. And the edges of the lit areas softens and flickers ect.

Wish I could play this game with max textures/max detail/max shadows but its just not possible. Glad I can least the textures to high and the lighting to max though. Oh and of course anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

Anyway these should help satisfy Kaiser.. The people of freeport arent very nice. Paticularly to half elves. Guess thats why they call this City of Heart of Darkness. Cities in Everquest are huge, One city is like 20 different areas, They enormous.

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
This game is great, here are a few pics of me in Isle Of Refuge, Antonica, and riding a griffon.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts