Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://maltzauctions.com/acclaimip.htm

pretty damn cool. if i had the skrilla, i'd hella snatch up Smash TV or Allstar Baseball 99 or NBA Jam or any of the cool games that i enjoyed playing in my youth...

i wonder which games are gonna slip under the radar and end up being sold for like 10 bucks :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I think there will be a certain minimal limit to buy the rights. And what can you do when you have the rights?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not much. You're not buying the rights to the franchises or characters, just publishing rights for the particular game. In other words, if you wanted to burn it to a CD and sell it to somebody, you could.

For example, all the existing bids on that page probably have plans to port the game and rerelease it in some capacity.

I'm going to call for information about the auctions later today. I got an interesting idea from the page, but I'm not certain it would work or not.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gaurav said:
OT: Please die? :p
:lol: i knew someone would bring that up

did anyone notice how damn expensive Extreme G is? oO that game sucked..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Evidently, there's somebody out there whom disagrees. And probably has intentions to profit from it.

My idea was simply to wait until around the time that the auction would close, then grab up whichever games remain for a few bucks each. Then just donate the rights to one of those open rights groups that collect patents and copyrights to ensure that they remain open for everybody. They could become public domain.

If this weren't so close to Christmas, I could probably manage to do that. I may still, depending upon their terms (can you make a low bid of $5-$20 each? Could they refuse to sell the item if the closing bid was deemed insufficient or if they didn't agree with your intentions of opening the rights? Etc. I'm wondering if I'll get laughed at for asking, or if this would actually pan out.)

·
band
4,912 Posts
whoa....burnout 2 hasnt been bought yet oO . and ecco the dolphin....Ferrari F355 Challenge!

some really good tities here :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Wow. That'd be cool to buy one of them (such as NBA Jam) and just put it up for people to download for free. Or to pay you like $10 to download it, hehe. You'd make a fortune. :)

·
Narcissist
725 Posts

Mary Kate & Ashley Get A Clue, $5,000
*twitches*

:p :eyemove:

Think of the ... spinoff potential...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Modem1 said:
Wow. That'd be cool to buy one of them (such as NBA Jam) and just put it up for people to download for free. Or to pay you like $10 to download it, hehe. You'd make a fortune. :)
exactly ;) people with a serious interest in this are going to make a whooole lot of money...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking too. so many awesome games...and they went bankrupt. that sucks :(

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maybe they just finished the legal crap now and got this arranged. proceedings like this take a lot of time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.