Next Generation Emulation banner

Do you think Turkey will be able to enter EU?

• Yep, will enter

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, it's not possible

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Turkey will be able to enter EU? Pls post why/why not...

I don't think Turkey will be in EU... Everybody is playing with Turkey (Maybe in 2006 :innocent: , maybe in 2010 :innocent: , maybe in 2013 :innocent: , sorry you can't :p ) Turkey must understand this...

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
Well I don...... Wait what?!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I personnaly don't think they should be allowed to until they get to end that mess with the Kurds.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Eventually they may get in after many reforms and under strict EU conditions.
I've read that immigration and immigrants working under other EU countries are issues.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The poll is silly IMO; it's a mere guessing game. There are too many issues that hamper the progress of the situation and we won't know **** until the news tells us it's gonna be a yes or no FINAL, because we're being left in the dark about the details of the situation until conferences have been acted out each time as well as reported.

I personally don't feel excited about an eventual admittance of Turkey. I'm not too fond of the entire "progression" of the EU itself either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They won't because if at best it comes down to a european referendum, all europeans know that it would be giving european passports to x million turks. Being part of the EU allows free movement into any EU country. Think massive turkist immigration... While this isn't politically correct to say, allowing Turkey in will NEVER happen. This is the principal (unofficial:p) reason Switzerland hasn't and won't join the EU (they infact passed more laws making immigration harder). Most EU countries simply don't want to be the next france.

May not be politically correct, but I'm just saying it as it is.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I agree that it shouldn't come to Turkey's admittance, but you're being awfully optimistic. I have no confidence left in the EU to be convinced that they'll make the right decision here. Remember that they haven't given a definate NO as of yet, which takes surprisingly longer than one would expect.

I'd also like to take in account the current Software Patent issue is rumoured to stink of corruption, and that I have seen more idiotic things happen. What's to stop anything of the likes happening here? Also, public polls (atleast here in Holland) sometimes show that there are enough people who are blind to the disadvantages of Turkey's admittance. What's worse is that most EU countries have never taken referenda and are unlikely to change that specifically for this issue.

I wish I could share your optimism, but don't forget that the Netherlands are also blind to and hysterical with anything that seems even remotely racist, and with us, so are several other leading EU countries.

·
Registered
82 Posts
klatch said:
I wish I could share your optimism, but don't forget that the Netherlands are also blind to and hysterical with anything that seems even remotely racist, and with us, so are several other leading EU countries.
Definately France's leadership has sold-out its country... Referendums are annoymous however... Also I believe that France is going to be in trouble rather soon, and the french have enough of it. Once it gets to civil-war, and it will, I think europe as a whole will have an epithany. The sad thing is it'l take no less than a civil war, but there's no choice - lack of proper absorbation (read: no integration) and the continual granting of citizenship to illegal aliens over the past decades has brought france down to its current situation. The french left has sold-out it's own country based on naive ideals and the country is realizing what it has done as all major metropoles suffer from major influxes of immigrants. The fact that Jean Marie Le-pen made it to the second round of the elections a year or two ago was a sign.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
personally i don't really care either way. I've been seeing malcontent throughout the EU and i think it will be disbanded in ten years. Even with the strong Euro and weak dollar america will always be having the better economy so long as we don't get into the Kyoto Protocal which as Bill O'reilly put it is an "Economic Suicide Pact"

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
dermeister said:
Definately France's leadership has sold-out its country... Referendums are annoymous however... Also I believe that France is going to be in trouble rather soon, and the french have enough of it. Once it gets to civil-war, and it will, I think europe as a whole will have an epithany. The sad thing is it'l take no less than a civil war, but there's no choice - lack of proper absorbation (read: no integration) and the continual granting of citizenship to illegal aliens over the past decades has brought france down to its current situation. The french left has sold-out it's own country based on naive ideals and the country is realizing what it has done as all major metropoles suffer from major influxes of immigrants. The fact that Jean Marie Le-pen made it to the second round of the elections a year or two ago was a sign.
What you say is exactly similar as to what has been happening here in Holland, with major shifts between left and right interests, and Civil-war was being predicted as an option here aswell. There still hasn't been any the past 2 years. I can only guess it hasn't because the majority is afraid of it, and although with good reason, here too would a civil-war sadly be needed to finally deal with the unhappiness on immigrants and lack of integration. Another question remains: Whose unhappiness? How many people share your/my view, irritation, and unhappiness on the situation? How many people actually care, outside of your/my noticable surroundings?

Ofcourse, we're a tame country, and it remains to be seen if our "going-nowhere"-heading is proprietary to my country or to this day and age, of which the latter would result in the same for France.

I certainly don't hope Civil-war will happen in any of our countries. Certainly not over (more like: it being the tip of the iceberg) something as silly as the admittance of an "inferior" country to an IMO inferior system.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
personally i don't really care either way. I've been seeing malcontent throughout the EU and i think it will be disbanded in ten years. Even with the strong Euro and weak dollar america will always be having the better economy so long as we don't get into the Kyoto Protocal which as Bill O'reilly put it is an "Economic Suicide Pact"

·
Registered
82 Posts
klatch said:
What you say is exactly similar as to what has been happening here in Holland, with major shifts between left and right interests, and Civil-war was being predicted as an option here aswell. There still hasn't been any the past 2 years. I can only guess it hasn't because the majority is afraid of it, and although with good reason, here too would a civil-war sadly be needed to finally deal with the unhappiness on immigrants and lack of integration. Another question remains: Whose unhappiness? How many people share your/my view, irritation, and unhappiness on the situation? How many people actually care, outside of your/my noticable surroundings?

Ofcourse, we're a tame country, and it remains to be seen if our "going-nowhere"-heading is proprietary to my country or to this day and age, of which the latter would result in the same for France.

I certainly don't hope Civil-war will happen in any of our countries. Certainly not over (more like: it being the tip of the iceberg) something as silly as the admittance of an "inferior" country to an IMO inferior system.
I'm glad to hear from people who have the same stance as I... Immigrants are all flocking to the metropoles and Paris will soon be 50% immigrant. My grand-mother in paris got her apartment valandalized, her purse snatched, and my great oncle got his car window smashed and the radio taken. They don't even live in bad neighbourhoods either. As the french would say "Tot, ou tard, y'a un plomb qui va peter" (Sooner or later, somethings' gonna blow).

But yeah, Its hard to tell what will happen... I don't trust the EU with itself either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts