Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a p400 256mb ram v3 3000 use petes 1.54 soft plugin with fps limit set to 200
the eternal sound plugin sounds a lot better than the others, however it slows down dragon warrior when using it, any way to make it faster by changing certain settings? or is it just the low mhz of my comp?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, what shall i change the sound buffer size to? more or less? and to how much exactly?

·
Registered
536 Posts
paste from Eternal SPU Plugin Official Manual

2.How to most light CPU usage?

"XA buffer size" ...anything
"High resolution mode" ...OFF
"Wait for XA buffer is free" ...OFF

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey boco, i was playing Dragon Warrior with the Eternal SPU plugin but it was really slow so i decided to switch to the Iori's DirectSound Driver 1.4 with is running great, there's a little hissing sound thou but i prefer that than to loose 30fps, and i really needed those 30fps because i was under 60 something i'd get 30-40 so being in the 60-70 helped alot.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
hey, but that problem was solved in the eternal 1.1 spu, it happen only in the 1.0 version which mantain high resolution checked all time, but now is solved, the eternal 1.1 spu, is as fast as Iori´s spu

·
Registered
14 Posts
Weird, the version i was using was the new 1.10 version and it was still slow so i decided to switch to Iori's plugin, I kept the same settings for both and i still had more speed with Iori's.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
I'm not sure if Dragon warrior works with lewpy's plugin, but if so, you could try to use that instead of the soft plugin. you would gain precious performance using that v3 of yours ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts