Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am using epsxe 1.9.0 and whenever I press Esc to access the menu and then continue, the game runs at a snail's pace (maybe even slower). This happens on fullscreen and window mode. This has happened with two independent games. All of my computer drivers are updated and it has happened with each of the default epsxe video drivers.

System.PNG

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,449 Posts
Why are you using an out of date version? The current version on PC is 2.0.5.

In any case, I cannot replicate the issue using v2.0.5.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the one I had from the last time I played on my laptop. Didn't have this issue previously. I suppose I'll have to update, but I wonder if it's my video card because I used a different laptop before.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,449 Posts
Be sure to configure your plugins and copy your BIOS files to the bios folder. Running without configuring causes issues. Also, don't use the HLE BIOS. It has problems with some games.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I copied my folders directly from 190 and configured them before I ran the ISO. Just tried to run the BIOS and the SONY sfx started fine, but then droned on before the window finally closed. The logo did not appear. Here's my video setup:
PSXVid.PNG

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,449 Posts
The D3D plugin is extremely old and is not recommended for use with versions 2.0.0 and above. Try to stick with the included plugins. (The GPU Core ones)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This appears whenever I launch the program, though nothing seems to be off. There must be some hidden error with the software. In addition, switching to the GPU plugin did not alleviate the problem.
Crash.PNG

*Edit: Found the solution in another thread. It is to set the cpu overclocking to 1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, but there seems to be some audio lag. The first time I got the game to run, pressed Esc, then continued the game, the audio cut out entirely. The second time, the audio played, but there was a delay and continuing with the game shows a slight lag or skipping of sound effects.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,449 Posts
Are you still using the D3D plugin?

Usually those lines occur in 2D backgrounds and sprites because texture filtering is set to 5 or 6. Try turning off Mask Bit or adjusting Advanced Blending lower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I'm using the GPU, as you suggested. I don't see texture filtering, mask bit, or advanced blending on this configuration menu. This one is a whole new ballpark for me.

GPU.PNG

·
Not a Registered User
1,237 Posts
No, I'm using the GPU, as you suggested. I don't see texture filtering, mask bit, or advanced blending on this configuration menu. This one is a whole new ballpark for me.

View attachment 201152
The only issue i see here is "Stretching mode" set to "Widesscreen", either use 4:3 or stretch, widescreen is a hack that does not work properly with 2d games and games with 2d background.
Also what game is that in previous post?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only issue i see here is "Stretching mode" set to "Widesscreen", either use 4:3 or stretch, widescreen is a hack that does not work properly with 2d games and games with 2d background.
Also what game is that in previous post?
That still doesn't solve the issue with the lines, unfortunately. And I keep getting a desktop message that epsxe has crashed, but it doesn't tell me how and the program doesn't close.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,449 Posts
Settings.jpg

The only 2D games I have are the Lunar games and both worked fine with your settings.

Above is what I would recommend. Increasing internal resolution doesn't affect 2D at all and is probably what's causing your slowdown and audio desync. This might also fix your game's sprites. Also, using a custom FPS limit will cause audio desync too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts