Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having fun developing the Mupen64 Launcher i started to test several things and started to realize how tiny and limited the iphone design really is. because of that i've decided to re-design the GUI and do some changes that are going to speed up the development which i promised long time ago but was unable to complete for many reasons. anyways am back again and am opening this thread so people follow the development from design to coding completion and for the first time non-programmers can see what we do to create our apps.

@ES - MorphX: Day 1 "From Pixels to Code"

1. Drawing the GUI(using Photoshop of course :p).

2. Pics Selection.

3. Designing the GUI using the pics.

4. The XAML Code.

5. Re-working the XAML Code and creating the code behind in Visual Studio 2008

6. First lines of C# code.

7. First run(GUI only)

8. Creating the Exit animation on Mouse Down/Up using the timeline.

9. Adding The Trigger and writing the code to exit.

10. Transforming the Wallpaper into a 3D object so that we have better control later from the Code and so change/add ambient lights, cameras etc. that are going to help us to create some nice 3D menu animations directly from the code at a later time.

11. Adding a "Classes" folder to store the classes and add our first Class that reads ID information from game Iso files that am going to need at a later time.

12. Creating a menu and screen overlay with triggers ready for binding in the code behind(VS2008).

13. Doing some changes in the Photoshop file and slightly changing the way the main GUI looks as well as adding animations to the menu items on Mouse-Enter.

Enough for Day 1 :thumb:

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Yeah, I'll agree with that one. Hehe. This should be a lot of fun to see how you progress with it each day! Keep on going Mr. @ruantechy! :x3: You have freaking amazing talents! :x3:

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you!!! am really having fun with this one and i think i may finally finish it lol... anyways.

@ES - MorphX: Day 2 "From static to dynamics"

After looking several times the actual design i end up not liking it so am going to change it a bit to fit my needs. since am working with XAML the design can be customized just as people want by replacing the main XAML.

1. Grouping the menu icons in a Grid and using the grid as a "Visual Brush". then using that drawing brush to create a dynamic miror of our menu. that means every single change on the main menu its going to be rendered in the mirror for me(it can be done by code tho. but i don't have the need to learn it so bah)

2. Changing Ambient light and 3D camera from our 3D Wallpaper to get the total control of light, color, focus and saturation from the code at a later time... also proceed and use my "Visual Brush" to mirror the main menu and so track every movement of it.

3. The XAML Code:

4. The final GUI touch before we start the real coding.

5. The Code for the basic stuff(am going to organize the code later to make it more readable tho.).

6. Since our Background is a 3D object(Flat for now) it has two faces which are front and back. the front one has a material already so lets proceed and add a back material which we can manage at a later time and so gain even more control of the whole behaviour of the 3D scene. also we can use that 3D surface to render other 3D objects from the code behind if needed.

7. Now that i've got this let me add the final animation before i add the code to manage the whole thing(Note that Animations can be hard-coded if we wish but am not here to learn what i already know :p however am going to generate animations from the code at a later time as everything i've done so far can be done using pure C# too).

8. Since i've started to write real code it seems like i need to add regions and organize the code a bit more since it could get pretty messed up later if i don't do it soon. anyways lets add the code that handles the animation we just added

Now the GUI is finally ready to be managed and i can start to code the real thing :p so lets look what i've got in the past two days(actually 3 and half hours of development):

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
Am really excited about @ruantecs work here too.

Anyone who has spent some time with the original @ES knows the potential this software has for emulation and I am very proud to be a part of its creation!

I look forward to when @ES gets to the stage I envisioned from the beginning and from the extra ideas that @ruantec has come up with since work on the old @ES was halted, its becoming quite a beast in its own right in many other areas!

I honestly feel this is a VERY exciting time for emulation even if this is not an emulation project directly!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Question, would it be possible to integrate this into Windows Media Center? Been trying to find something that would work well with 7MC... :)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question, would it be possible to integrate this into Windows Media Center? Been trying to find something that would work well with 7MC... :)
Its possible but @ES should be a Media Center itself so i feel there's no need for that :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts