Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes you heard right :D after long time and changes in my life i was finally able to get some free time and work in the app we all love(at least me and few people here ;) )

anyways enough talk... let´s go ahead :emb:

Beta 6 Changes:

*Slider bug fixed(finally)
*Faster slider scroll
*covers scroll speed ups
*messenger display the correct icon now(game or audio)
*lot of bugs that caused some emulators not to work propertly.
*bug fixed in the covers(drag and drop from pics)
*bug fixed adding folders(@ES was unable to add folders with a dot in the filename)
*added sounds for each menu, icons, background and intro!
*multi-stream playing(100% complete but not used at all atm... more comming soon)
*speed ups in the grabbing code
*small fixes in the ePSXe grabbing code
*small fixes in the PJ64 grabbing code
*fixed problems switching to fullscreen(ePSXe and PJ64)
*shortcuts added(for use with TV-Cards Remote control)
*Gamepad support(complete but not 100% implemented due the lack of time)

the following shortcuts are now available.

ALT+P = Play
ALT+N = Next song
ALT+B = Last song
ALT+R = Scroll forward
ALT+L = Scroll back
ALT+X = Select item
ALT+Q = Quit(buggy)
ALT+Up = Up(console menu)
ALT+Down = Down(console menu)
ALT+S = Switch emulators(pSX, ePSXe etc.)
ALT+Y = Back to previous menu
ALT+F = Fullscreen/Back to normal
ALT+1 = Call Consoles menu
ALT+2 = Call Albums menu
ALT+3 = Call Video menu
ALT+ESC = exit emu(or just press ESC as always)
ALT+M = Gamepad mapping(not complete yet and therefore not fully functional)

CTRL + W will bring up the Emulators menu tabs. (This will not work in fullscreen mode yet;) )
CTRL + E will hide them again

Right mouse-click on any cover to use the slider.

New added skin sound info:
Add a folder called "Sound" and store your audio files in .mp3 format there.. doing that your skin will have custom sounds for almost every menu aswell as background and intro sounds.

a sample can be downloaded here

last but not least i would like to announce the @ruantec´s forums... first of all i want to make clear that by no means am leaving the ngemu forums.. the new forum will also hold personal projects that am planning for my future aswell as @ES of course so stay tune ;)

Grab @ES - Beta 6 from here

and visit our new forum here or here

visit my web here or here

or download @ES soundtrack here

enjoy this new release just as am doing now :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yay, thanks gonna try this out right now! To update all i need to do is switch the .exe and then add the stuff in the new .cfg file into my current .cfg right? Oh and add that sounds folder too I guess?

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay, thanks gonna try this out right now! To update all i need to do is switch the .exe and then add the stuff in the new .cfg file into my current .cfg right? Oh and add that sounds folder too I guess?
i recommend you to use the hole new package and just update your covers, settings file and skin if needed. it´s safer to use the new files as i´ve done a couple of changes there... and to be honest i can´t remember all of them LOL :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmm gampad support? cool seeing as I just got a new Rumblepad2

Now....to find the time to mess around with it XD

Anyways nicely done @ruantec :thumb:

did you shrink it by the way? the download seems smaller...

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hmm gampad support? cool seeing as I just got a new Rumblepad2

Now....to find the time to mess around with it XD

Anyways nicely done @ruantec :thumb:

did you shrink it by the way? the download seems smaller...
the gamepad support is 100% complete but not 100% implemented as i had no time for it.. but it should be done in the next few days..

shrink??? well yeah.. few stuff was removed or shrinked but the main .exe is slightly bigger than beta5(about 10kb) that´s due some new stuff. but the file should be smaller soon while adding more stuff to it ;)

UPDATE:
@ES help file can be downloaded here

Big thanks to Choss for the great job!

·
Emulator User
336 Posts
Whoa! The thread is really booming and it's only been 30 minutes since it's release. No surprise as I'm just as excited because I'm using it right now and it rocks!
Cheers to @ruantec and his team, they've truly outdone themselves:thumb:.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the gamepad support is 100% complete but not 100% implemented as i had no time for it.. but it should be done in the next few days..
Ah good I was worried then because it won't accept any input from my gamepad in the mapping dialog box at the moment.

PJ64 fullscreen still doesn't work for me :( It appears to change the resolution of the desktop rather than fullscreen the emu screen. I've got the resolution set at 512 x 384 in PJ64 and it is set on windowed mode as instructed.

However ePSXe now works most excellently :D is there a way to stop Daemon tools lite from opening the image contents in an explorer window when it mounts the image (i imagine this is simply a setting in Daemon tools that i can't find)? Also is there an option in @ES somewhere to choose your preference of emu when there is a choice (e.g ePSXe over pSX)?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No it's the autoplay setting of your computer

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah good I was worried then because it won't accept any input from my gamepad in the mapping dialog box at the moment.

PJ64 fullscreen still doesn't work for me :( It appears to change the resolution of the desktop rather than fullscreen the emu screen. I've got the resolution set at 512 x 384 in PJ64 and it is set on windowed mode as instructed.

However ePSXe now works most excellently :D is there a way to stop Daemon tools lite from opening the image contents in an explorer window when it mounts the image (i imagine this is simply a setting in Daemon tools that i can't find)? Also is there an option in @ES somewhere to choose your preference of emu when there is a choice (e.g ePSXe over pSX)?

it´s not Daemon that opens that window but windows itself.. i think there´s an option to turn this off... about PJ64.. i´ll check it out to see what´s going on there as it works perfectly for me.

btw you can make @ES accept the buttons you press in the mapping window.. just edit the Settings file and look for "JoyID" select 0, 1, 2 etc depending on the position of your gamepads.

if am not wrong i leave my settings there which is "JoyID=1" set it to 0 if you have only one gamepad and it should work(at least for test ;))

the JoyID works like that:
if you have two gamepads the first one will get the ID 0 while the other will get ID 1 and so on ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah it was the autoplay, i turned it off in the registry and problem solved, thanks guys :)

The gamepad function works now too, shame it doesnt accept axis or trigger input from my 360 controller but still awesome that I don't have to use the keyboard anymore :D

EDIT: Ok, i spoke too soon, the gamepad mapping dialog box won't let me input anything for the fullscreen function, all the others worked fine :S

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it was the autoplay, i turned it off in the registry and problem solved, thanks guys :)

The gamepad function works now too, shame it doesnt accept axis or trigger input from my 360 controller but still awesome that I don't have to use the keyboard anymore :D

EDIT: Ok, i spoke too soon, the gamepad mapping dialog box won't let me input anything for the fullscreen function, all the others worked fine :S
i know... that´s because am not done there yet.. but as i sayd the code is 100% complete and it works with Axis and triggers the reason why isn´t working yet is because isn´t activated atm.

anyways i´ll do that soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i know... that´s because am not done there yet.. but as i sayd the code is 100% complete and it works with Axis and triggers the reason why isn´t working yet is because isn´t activated atm.

anyways i´ll do that soon.
ok no worrries, good to see what its going to be like anyway :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts