Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!!

i´ve been working on a new custom control based on my StackItem custom control for Audio files. the idea is to show Emumovies for roms but i still have no idea what´s the best way to display them(still working on a better solution). so if someone can make a sketch or concept for me it would be cool(feel free to post the pic here)... last but not least take @ES screen dimentions in mind.

here´s a small video i did to show you how it works atm...nothing fancy as am just testing.

·
PCSX2 fan
148 Posts
Personally I like what you have there. Maybe you could do it so if your cursor hovers over the small video for a couple of seconds it stretches to fill the @ES screen until the cursor is moved away. Just an idea.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks good, but the full @ES screen idea might slow things down or bring other complications.
actually is quite the opposite.. the actual state is the hardest one as i have to render and do lots of stuff on your Desktop which as you may know isn´t really supported by Windows at all but @ES makes it possible now ;) the fullscreen mode in other hands is a different story as i just go into fullscreen and i don´t have to do extra rendering to get the stuff done.... because of that i can render faster, smoother, better and even get less problems.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Personally I like what you have there. Maybe you could do it so if your cursor hovers over the small video for a couple of seconds it stretches to fill the @ES screen until the cursor is moved away. Just an idea.
do you mean something like this?

Here´s a better version with sound:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love that, but can you make it so that the other rom game names go even more translucent (or maybe a slider option in an options menu for user personal preferences) maybe as well as having the other way in there for an option as both are nice. It just depends on what a user like more. Then have a standard default that you use but open for customization for the user. Seeing as you have already coded both ways why not? lol...

At any rate nice improvements.. It is really looking nice @ruantec.

sbp

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love that, but can you make it so that the other rom game names go even more translucent (or maybe a slider option in an options menu for user personal preferences) maybe as well as having the other way in there for an option as both are nice. It just depends on what a user like more. Then have a standard default that you use but open for customization for the user. Seeing as you have already coded both ways why not? lol...

At any rate nice improvements.. It is really looking nice @ruantec.

sbp
mmm let me see if i get you right :D what you mean is to have a slider somewhere in the options where you can set the transparency of the video when showing the EmuMovies and also a option to deactivate them right? if that´s the case i was thinking on doing the same thing yesterday :D

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Whoah this is great.

Keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
71 Posts
mmm let me see if i get you right :D what you mean is to have a slider somewhere in the options where you can set the transparency of the video when showing the EmuMovies and also a option to deactivate them right? if that´s the case i was thinking on doing the same thing yesterday :D
I like that as well! But what I meant was you can chose to have the emumovies in the icon (as you showed in one example) or in the full screen(as the second example), and if in full screen view, set the transparency of the text and Icons that you have layered over top so that you can still read them but video is much clearer. Or maybe make it so that the mouse movement changes the transparency once moved on to the next emumovie for a sec in order to have clear readable text. Or something like that?
I hope that was a little clearer. I like your idea as well, they would all make for great options in your app..

sbp

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like that as well! But what I meant was you can chose to have the emumovies in the icon (as you showed in one example) or in the full screen(as the second example), and if in full screen view, set the transparency of the text and Icons that you have layered over top so that you can still read them but video is much clearer. Or maybe make it so that the mouse movement changes the transparency once moved on to the next emumovie for a sec in order to have clear readable text. Or something like that?
I hope that was a little clearer. I like your idea as well, they would all make for great options in your app..

sbp
actually i could add both but the thing is that the style of the Test1 isn´t really the best and it´s also not accurate enough i think.. anyways i´ll see what i can do.. btw the text and items are very visible but sadly the quality of the previous video isn´t the best for that reason i´ve made a new video but this time i´ve used XP and as many of you know XP doesn´t like to have a transparent area over a video or else you will get a black box or it will flicker like hell... let´s see how @ES managed that :p

Note:
the sound isn´t syncronized as i somehow messed up the settings of hypercam 2 lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts