21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
PCSX2 fan
148 Posts
Sounds very cool! It's good with me. Looking forward to it>

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im also working the dreamcast covers. I wont post these unless people actually want them and more then likely I will have @ruantec or shadovv post them after they upload them to the host :)

I can also do the game covers if people would prefer those more.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Would @ES be able to support 3D representations of box art/cartridges? I was hoping to learn how to model in 3D (may take some time), and cartridges would be the first thing that I would want to model when I start learning how to do it. Having a rotating 3D cartridge would be nice to spiffy up the look of the frontend. :)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
if you create models in .3ds format it won´t be hard to render them using @ES main engine at a later time. btw i could create some 3D cartridge aswell ;)

mmmm where´s my 3DSmax DVD!!!... aaaaaaa here is! :thumb:

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Cool. It would be awesome to have the image (box or cartridge) as a texture on the box/cartridge and watch it rotate slowly in 3D when you're going through games to play. I would like to see what you can do in 3D @r. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
3d models would be cool only issue is wouldnt it make @es use more processing power as it needs to render them?
either way I say it is a cool ideal. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps somebody could create a torrent of the covers sets as they don't seem to be available again.

In the meantime as I already have a lot of covers that I have collected for other frontends could someone tell me what size they need to be and where they need to be placed?

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
The cover packs are for a much older version of @ES.

The current version does not support covers for roms/isos yet

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Perhaps somebody could create a torrent of the covers sets as they don't seem to be available again.

In the meantime as I already have a lot of covers that I have collected for other frontends could someone tell me what size they need to be and where they need to be placed?
Sorry but Coverpacks are no longer supported since those were made for a very old version of @ES which is overrated and old right now... already contacted few people and am planning to bring a service to download/upload a new set of coverpacks.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts