Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The newest beta build has many great changes... one of them is full CRC32 support(encrypted and non-encrypted strings) this allow me to create coverpacks that will automatically be loaded with your roms if they match in CRC!

The first Cover packs are already here! more will follow soon ;)

LINKS REMOVED

Old Coverpacks are no longer supported. am thinking of a new way to download/upload covers

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
here is the second set of covers for the upcoming @ES update

This set covers Sega Master System

Grab the package from the main post!

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
I am working on GB and GBC packs now and will have them uploaded as soon as they are ready!!

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
How would we do smaller ones and still have all the covers people want or need?

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Or just separate big zips into smaller ones ;D ? (from A to E, from F to K, etc... well, assuming the packs are now complete. If not complete a differentiating version number for the packs could prove desirable, at least to notice if the cover packs were updated)

dynamic retrieval could be attempted from a centrally-located cover repository (emucontrolcenter features a nice method for metadata/shot retrieval). The dynamic fetching approach looks more appropriate, given the big size of the full packs. Not everybody truly would be expected to have 2000 superNes games and require the redundant other entries in the pack). Dynamic retrieval could also allow for the covers to be updated/modified in one central location, then be available to everyone (in case the first covers were of low quality for example, then updated with higherquality versions, for instance. Or the other way around, replacing the covers with smaller versions, to keep bandwidth consumption within reasonable bounds)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Smaller picks aren´t a good idea... all the pics provided in the packs are already resized to the optimal size for @ES. using smaller sizes will result in blurry pics or ugly graphics.

anyways i just wanted people to get the packs as they are but am planning to add something even better soon... i´ll unpack the files and store them in the web and also a small file which will contain the full file list. @ES will download the small file(you will be prompted to update your cover files) and will compare your rom list with it... if covers for your rom collection are available @ES will ask you if you wish to download them. the reason for that is because pics can´t be sorted from A-Z since pics filenames are in CRC32 or in my own encrypted CRC32 string.

with this method people will be able to download only the covers of the roms they own... or even better they will be able to choose which covers they want to download and which not ;) everything will be displayed in my new custom listview layer :D

hope you get the idea(remember my english is pretty bad :p )

Greetz

·
Registered
608 Posts
Bandwidth exceeded; maybe we could get a torrent going?
Thanks.

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
The cover-packs in the 1st post are now being hosted on upload.to

Go to the the first post to get them, cause they are now available again!;)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmm well if they can't be split alphabetically then maybe according to region?

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
ntsc-u / ntsc-j / pal (the difference in regions does not matter actually, btw. ff7 in all regions remains ff7)

As I mentioned before, alphabetically ordered packs for the bigger packs could be as handy, for full downloads, but direct fetching remains the best course of action.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well this is just a temp solution... as you know my future plans Rikki ;) so it will be easyer in the future to download them without the need to download the entire package.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would like the actual NES carts instead of the box covers as im in the process of makng them for me, but if no one wants them then I will just make them only for the games I have.

Here is a sample of 1 I made.

EDIT: The white at the bottom is transparent but not showing that way here. In AES you wont see white...
if you click on them to see the popup screenshot the white will be gone as well..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts