Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i enter battle in ff8, after i win it doesn't go to the experience points screen it just says ERROR: SPEC OPCODE 05 UNK 9PC 0000352FC) (000353BV (24838,5) .............. any suggestions on how to fix this? :(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
many
but, to narrow down the problem and the possible suggestions, could you post your pc specs, plugins used in epsxe, configurations for the plugins, if you are playing from cd or iso, and, if iso, wich program did you use to make it?

Before knowing anything, try different gpy and cdr plugins, and/or remaking the iso if you use one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am reading from disc and am using pete's D3D Driver 1.75, i've tried it with Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6 also but the same error occurs, i've also used PEOPS Soft Driver 1.16, but again same problem

I've used ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 for the cd plugin, and also SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.0, still the same problem

Umm, as for computer I've got Windows XP, its an emachine, graphics card is the default Intel Extreme Graphics AGP (extreme my ass xD) 2.50GHz Pentium Processor 256MB Ram

that enough info to solve the problem? >_>;

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Should be. First, that gfx card is a PITA. 3D accelerated renderers will hate it. Though, as peops has the problem too, i think the problem lies either in the cd plugin or the own cd. Download peops cd-r plugin and set it to use ioctl scsi commands, thread read, and the read mode it autodetects. If that doesn't work, then probably it's due to a scratched cd.

Also, try using epsxe 1.5.2 if you are using epsxe 1.6.0, it's known to have some problems with ff games. And you could always try other emulators, like psxeven or pcsx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts