Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I think this is the right place to post~

I think I have everything installed correctly, I'm not overly good with this kind of thing.

When I try and load a game (FF8) the screen goes black, then comes up with an error.

View attachment 203316

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong ><;

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Edit: I had a look arround for anything else that might be a problem, and found this~

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
What ?? He doesn't need to look up no "opcode errors". How the heck does he expect to play ANYTHING without a BIOS ??

You see that last pic what it says ?? Just google SCPH1001.bin and you got it throw it in the BIOS folder and you should be good

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1. To have gotten epsxe running in the first place, he would have to have the bios already.

LOGIC, yours fails.

2. That blank screen menu is caused by not starting epsxe with admin level priviledges on Vista.

3. Opcode errors are addressed in the Troubleshooting FAQ -- READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU POST!!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Can we please keep calm with this, he already said he's new to this kind of thing and the last thing he needs is having two people start to debate and flame each other. Derast has a good point that he needs a bios as well, regardless whether he gets opcode errors or not.

Gavable, please try both Squall's and Derast's suggestions and see if it helps. The FAQ may be a lot to read, but it'll certainly increase your knowledge about ePSXe. If these solutions don't fix it and you still get errors, just ask some more.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
To even get an opcode error, a bios is required.
Clicking run bios or cd will result in a not correctly configured message if a bios is not available and selected.

My report was made based on the 2nd line of his post btw......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.