Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Royal Pain in the A**
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ePSXe was working like a charm when I started to get these errors (note the last 2 lines):

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.4.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [D:\EPSXE\Bios\SCPH1001.BIN].
* Init Core W9x cdrom ... [G] ok
* gettrackinfo error[129]
* Testing readmode (0/3)
* Doing init gpu...
* Gpu open...
* Direct input init ok.
* Doing spu init...
* Spu open...
* Force PAL cdrom detected.
* Error reading CD: 0x0081 0,2,16
* Error reading CD: 0x0081 0,2,0

this happens when no matter what game I put in and no matter what drive I put it in. Has anybody ever seen this problem before or am I out of luck and stuck making ISO's for games I want to play?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Which CDROM plugin are you using? Try switching between different ones... I've gotten that error message before, but it was caused by a badly scratched CD.

Since you said that you see the error no matter what game you use, I tend to think it's either a badly configured CDROM plugin, or the DVD/CD drive settings are incorrect.

Also, make sure that the selected CDROM drive letter in the plugin configuration window is consistent between the ePSXe config window, and the plugin's config window.

·
Royal Pain in the A**
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks...

Switching to Pete's ASPI plugin fixed the problem. Now if I could only figure out why Final Fantasy 9's menus are so slow (especially the save menu).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same Here.......

Weird... I got the same error as you... Then switched to pete's cdr plugin and it worked like a charm....

When you say that ff9's menu has gotten slow, have you also observed a slowing of all parts of the game??

That's what I've been experiencing for no reason and suddenly....
Even though ff9 and every other game worked full speed before...

Any comments would help...

My specs:
Win98se
p-III 733
384 mb ram
Geforce 32mb
Sound blaster 64 value (old and ISA....)
LG Cd Rw 4x/4x/32x and no name cd drive 36x

Yop83

1 - 4 of 4 Posts