Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to the forums. I have been off and on with the PCSX2 Emulator but now I have recently gotten really interested in it. I have made a backup copy of my Kingdom Hearts II DVD disk to my Hard Drive and have set up the emulator and everything. Now I have checked the compatibility list and it shows that the person who is testing KH2 has gotten to the intro screen and so have I. Now here comes my question, its not corresponding just to the KH2 game but the emulator itself and if someone recognizes what it is telling me:

What does this message from the PS2 Output console mean, if you know I would be most humbled to hear from you.

*PCSX2*: warning v->size != size

Thank you all for reading my post,
NodeJunkie

· Registered
1,056 Posts
The list you are talking about is being used by the betatesters to let the public know were the emulator stands for the next release. If it says in the combat list a game makes it to menu, it doesnt meen it will make it for 0.8.1 it meens for the build they used it made it there.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I see. Well either way, does the code that I posted in my last post mean anything to you? Do you understand what its telling me? That would be great if you did.

Code:
NodeJunkie

· Registered
1,056 Posts
NodeJunkie said:
Oh, I see. Well either way, does the code that I posted in my last post mean anything to you? Do you understand what its telling me? That would be great if you did.

Code:
NodeJunkie
sure it meens the vector size is bigger then it needs to be or better known as the vu overflow.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I see what you mean. Now another question, (Sorry I am full of them), is there something that I have set either too high or low that should be different that I can repair to fix this or is it something in the ISO itself?

NodeJunkie

· Registered
1,056 Posts
NodeJunkie said:
Ok, I see what you mean. Now another question, (Sorry I am full of them), is there something that I have set either too high or low that should be different that I can repair to fix this or is it something in the ISO itself?

NodeJunkie
No, the emulator isnt finshed. Its nothing you did. The only way to fix it is to download th source and fix the bug.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I see. Heh, well I will just wait then. I really appreciate you helping me w/ my problem. Sadly I guess I will just wait, I don't know any C programming or whatever PCSX2 is written in. ^_^'

NodeJunkie

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
v->size != size

that means the size of the expected data the unpack command has worked out isnt the same as the size it should be, usually this is due to segment loading packets, nothing to worry about, most of the time ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.