Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this is a repeat post. I tried dearching for a similar thread but couldn't find it.

I was playing the emulator last night and today just fine. Then when I came back to it and restarted the emulator a few minutes ago it said this when I tried to run the CD Rom: "Error can't open sound handler (try -nosound)"

Now it is a new game that I tried, but it ran fine once before doing this. Then the rest of my game wouldn't work as well.

I tried a bunch of options and it seems it only happens when I have "Enable Sound (Select to enable ADPCM sound)" ticked in the config sound window. Of course then if I turn it off I don't get any sound.

Could anyone help?

Sorry, I figured out the problem. It had nothing to do with epsxe, just something with my computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I found the light. Earlier today we were using HDMI to broadcast video from our laptop. We were playing after this FF7, but for some reason the sound got caught up with HDMI still being in control of the sound. I found my answer at this site Fix: The device is being used by another application (HDMI) - Appuals.com and as the prior poster said it's not a EPSXE 2.0 etc. issue it's an issue that I still had after rebooting my system as it didn't change the HDMI off. So your quest will bring you to the Control Panel and more than likely the Sound module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts