Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've scoured the net for any solutions to this problem but there appears to be no definitive answer. Google has tons of info on it, but seemingly every page is in a foreign language.. Can anyone help me out here? I can't run the VM version of pcsx2. I'm on XP, running with 2gbs of ram.

I also get odd errors, where on one boot I can use ZeroGS with Dual-core mode and multi-threaded mode enabled but if I try it again it'll crash with either or both of them checked. I realise this isn't a final product but if anyone could help me out here I would be very grateful!!

Cheers

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,120 Posts
well lets start with the first one.

what are your complete system specs? do you have any firewalls/antivirus running on your machine? have you read this thread?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying =)

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33ghz
XP Sp2
2gb ram
200gb hdd

I did read that thread, I still get the error even when I'm running only the basic processes & ATI drivers (unavoidable).

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,120 Posts
okay then i suggest you run process explorer and try and find out what is using that memory address space.

if you do have a firewall, it will still be hogging the memory until its uninstalled, closing it doesnt help unfortunately :(

·
CHS Department
308 Posts
î_Î

Same problem appeared unexpectedly.
VM version start to say (Cannot allocate mem addresses), all versions of pcsx2 official or svn builds, non VM still working.

It start after January windows updates, but other aplications working fine.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
It looks like the same update has also crippled Project64 1.7

this will make the team VERY happy >.>

just to note, the memory range appears to be in use by Comctl which the microsoft com class recieved an update for in january.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
If running Kaspersky or Zonealarm, they both use the same antidialer engine i believe. the latest versin of this loads the adialkh.dll into the 0x3000000 range which causes both PJ641.7 and PCSX2(all versions) to throw up an error. Removing this file seems to work fine, its not a necessary component of ZA or KIS/KAV as it just handles the anti dialer component.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, i got the same problem here... Using the newest pcsx.... And getting the error in 15000000-55000000 :p Im trying to use this ProcessExplorer but it shows nothing. Like non dlls are used or something. I did everything like in the instruction (show dlls and etc).

Im running it on Vista 32bit, 1,7dualcore, 2 gigs ddr2, and intel graph (yes...laptopt)

some help?

·
Registered
201 Posts
If running Kaspersky or Zonealarm, they both use the same antidialer engine i believe. the latest versin of this loads the adialkh.dll into the 0x3000000 range which causes both PJ641.7 and PCSX2(all versions) to throw up an error. Removing this file seems to work fine, its not a necessary component of ZA or KIS/KAV as it just handles the anti dialer component.
I deleted aldialhk.dll from Kaspersky (7.0.1.325 c.d), but the mem allocation error still persists. This is strange because I have been happily using VM builds with Kaspersky on for a long time, and it was only recently that this error came up for my system (Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, updated). Today was the first time I've tried pcsx2 in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:( Same thing happened to me. I was playing happily the previous day and today when I tried to open it gave me the error. "Cannot reserve memory at 0x74ff0000<0> error 487" and "MapUserPhysicalPages failed to unmap Error 87" Can someone help? :(

I am running Vista Home Basic and have 2.5 GB ram.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've started Windows with basic drivers and services, and pcsx2 VM still throws the same error (15000000-55000000), but VM runs fine in safe mode.

I doubt it's KAV because I've had it fore months without experiencing any problems and even deleted all instances of adialhk.

I've attached a processor explorer txt; any help is appreciated.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Well since someone bumped this thread already I'd just like to point out i've been running zonealarm 7 since i got my computer and have never encountered this memory error. I'm running on XP though unlike someof you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like the same update has also crippled Project64 1.7

this will make the team VERY happy >.>

just to note, the memory range appears to be in use by Comctl which the microsoft com class recieved an update for in january.
There's no potential workaround to this, short of uninstalling the update (which is impossible for me anyway), is there?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts