Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question are maybe out of the topic but since I 'desperately' need answers I guess I'll take my chances in this messageboard...

My questions are:

* Where can i find a descent (and preferably freeware) program that rips audio files/fragments into mp3 format in a PSX CD?
PSMPlay does that but there seems to be problems with the Output mp3 thingy but the "output WAV" works.

* IS there any utility/software that allows 'separating'/split the voice and music background in a certain audio file for instance into mp3 format?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
do some searching on these boards and you will find a couple threads with lots of info on this.
the only one i know how to answer is the fist part. why dont you just use an encoder to convert those wavs into mp3s? there are many out there that can do this very easily

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Just as bgnome said. As for the second question I doubt that is possible. Wav files (mp3 are juct compreessed wav files) stored music as a sequence of samples taken at a given frequency. This then builds up as a sequence of waves (hence the name). In order to 'split' the file into say the drum track you would already need a sample of its waveform so that the program could use an 'anti-noise syle' algorithm to filter out the drum track from the main wav file. However if you already had the drum track why would you be lookng to separate it?;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts