Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ePSXeQuickPlay v0.2b

ePSXeQuickPlay v0.2b it's a frondend for ePSXEe 1.7.0 :)

Changes
{-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}
* Now it support for cover *.BMP *.GIF *.JPEG *.PCX *.PNG *.TGA *.TIFF
* New look (skin)...
{-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

Note: When ePSXe is running use joystick POV to >>>
UP > Quit ePSXe (Return to ePSXeQuickPlay)...
RIGHT > Quick Save...
DOWN > Change Slot...
LEFT > Load Quick Save...

Screenshot >>>

More Screenshots >>>
------------------------

Download: ePSXeQuickPlay v0.2b.zip - 692 KB
http://www.mediafire.com/?ik1su0o4v1fwkw9

·
Registered
6 Posts
i don't need
UP > Quit ePSXe (Return to ePSXeQuickPlay)...
RIGHT > Quick Save...
DOWN > Change Slot...
LEFT > Load Quick Save...
How i disable?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't use up, down, left and right in tekken 3 for example.....please how i disable (if is possible in thi version 0.2b)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi can you making a view style option with bigger Icons and 3D with bigger Icons , The current icons are too small.

thanks
step1978

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
@step1978 said:
hi can you making a view style option with bigger Icons and 3D with bigger Icons , The current icons are too small.
The problem is that many things have to be changed in ePSXeQuickPlay to do what you asking plus I'm working on other project so i can't do it right now...

@kilsuton said:
if possible, in the future would be good i can select ePSXe SPU Core 1.7.0...true?
I think it's not hard to do, so maybe I'll do in the future...

@kilsuton said:
would be good also put F4 key on L3 button for example, like PCSX2 (this is an idea)...
Maybe in the future...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bug report, the frontend won't open GpubladeSoft 1.41's configuration window (cdrBlade fails to open as well). It looks for the GUI files in the plugins folder instead of the configs folder. I can't configure it from there. Works fine on epsxecutor. Also, CDDA audio isn't working, even when using mooby's cdr plugin. Works fine on epsxecutor too.

And is there any way to make this work with epsxeShark?

Thanks for this tool, BTW. With a little more work, it will easily surpass epsxecutor.

EDIT: It seems cdrBlade and gpuBlade work fine if I copy everything to the plugins folder. But CDDA still won't work no matter what I do. Maybe this needs a CDDA enabling check box like in epsxecutor. Just a guess.

EDIT2: Yet another bug, it seems the plugin selection for each game doesn't save properly. Every time I click configure, it resets to the default selection.

To avoid double posting, I also have a feature request. That is to be able to assign more than one disc for the same configuration (for multi-disc games), and be able to change between which disc is in use through a shortcut button while in-game. Not sure how hard it would be to implement something like this, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Just tried the fronted and I must say, it's really good. I can easily see myself using it.

However, there are a few issues with it:
As Hoj said there is a problem with GpubladeSoft 1.41.
The strange thing is that after I run ePSXe through a frontend a few times
it then works but it breaks as soon as the frontend is closed.

One thing to note: Blade's plugins are not following the registry specs of the other plugins.
Plugin configuration is stored in the "configs" directory. For the full support you will need to account that.

The background says "QuikPlay" instead of "QuickPlay"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Bug report, the frontend won't open GpubladeSoft 1.41's configuration window (cdrBlade fails to open as well). It looks for the GUI files in the plugins folder instead of the configs folder. I can't configure it from there. Works fine on epsxecutor. Also, CDDA audio isn't working, even when using mooby's cdr plugin. Works fine on epsxecutor too.

And is there any way to make this work with epsxeShark?

Thanks for this tool, BTW. With a little more work, it will easily surpass epsxecutor.

EDIT: It seems cdrBlade and gpuBlade work fine if I copy everything to the plugins folder. But CDDA still won't work no matter what I do. Maybe this needs a CDDA enabling check box like in epsxecutor. Just a guess.

EDIT2: Yet another bug, it seems the plugin selection for each game doesn't save properly. Every time I click configure, it resets to the default selection.

To avoid double posting, I also have a feature request. That is to be able to assign more than one disc for the same configuration (for multi-disc games), and be able to change between which disc is in use through a shortcut button while in-game. Not sure how hard it would be to implement something like this, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks a lot for bug reporting! But you see I'm not working on it anymore, so if I gonna work on it again some day I will try to fix those bugs, plus I will try to add feature you talking about...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just tried the fronted and I must say, it's really good. I can easily see myself using it.

However, there are a few issues with it:
As Hoj said there is a problem with GpubladeSoft 1.41.
The strange thing is that after I run ePSXe through a frontend a few times
it then works but it breaks as soon as the frontend is closed.

One thing to note: Blade's plugins are not following the registry specs of the other plugins.
Plugin configuration is stored in the "configs" directory. For the full support you will need to account that.

The background says "QuikPlay" instead of "QuickPlay"
Tanks for compliment, bug report, typo! As I've said before I will try to fix those if I gonna work on it again. I've made this tool for my personal use and it serve me well more or less, but when I've decide to release it some bugs shows up... Different people different needs...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Too bad you're not working on it anymore, this had a lot of potential. With no CDDA support, this limits the number of games worth using this with.

If you go back to it someday, I have one last missing feature request, which is PEC (PSX Emulation Cheater) support. Right now it doesn't allow you to select the plugin.

·
God of all that is N00b!
92 Posts
I'd love to use your front end but i am having an issue, When trying to load up games, it starts. then crashes..

Found the issue.. When using Motionjoy it causes a crash, Guess i can't ever use this :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts