Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
epsxecutor tends to hang on my windows xp system whenever i configure my games. i have to restart my computer to be able to use it again, does anyone here know how to fix this problem.

this only happens in xp. i use to have win98 on my system and it works perfectly but i dont want to return to 98. i've also installed the aspi provided at ngemu.com but the problem still occurs.

· Registered
5 Posts
epsxecutor also hangs on my system, but I am using win2k not xp. It always crashes as soon as I try to create a new configuration.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"If Qui-Gon sings one more Irish drinking song
I'm using my lightsaber!"

overheard at the Jedi new year's party:spy:

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by the way....after restarting my computer (after epsxecutor freezes) a file called "PROGRAM" is created automatically in my C drive root directory. A message then pops up (right after the boot up) asking me to rename or delete the "PROGRAM" file. This always happens when expsecutor freezes on my comp.

· Premium Member
873 Posts
Mmm.. dunno about the "program" file, but there is another thing to take care
of:

never use epsxecutor 1.0.4 in a directory with spaces, like "C:\program files\epsxe"...
create a directory like "C:\emus\epsxe" instead, and copy all files (epsxecutor+epsxe+
subdirectories) into it.

That's a known bug with epsxecutor 1.0.4 and will be fixed in 1.0.5

· Registered
9,992 Posts
In my case I always had a crash on 2K/XP if there is no aspi layer installed. Try installing forceaspi. I also get a crash if I try to configure a plugin whilst any external spu is active. (except petes ;)). I just swap it to the interal before I configure anything. Maybe this will help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.