Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Windows 7 RTM some days ago and just now I tried to play FF VIII with the ePSXeCutor settings I backed up from my previous Windows 7 RC1 installation and all I get is a locked-up ePSXe with a black screen (computer doesn't lock).
The problem seems to be my Logitech RumblePad 2 because ePSXe launches normally if it's not connected. But if i launch ePSXe without ePSXeCutor it works just fine but with all the games I have I don't want to configure ePSXe every time I want to play a different game.

Things I've tried so far:
Reinstall RumblePad 2 driver 5.04 (after cleaning with DriverCleaner).
Run ePSXeCutor with and without Logitech Gaming Software running in the background.
Delete and manually restore ePSXeCutor settings.
Connect RumblePad after ePSXe has been loaded through ePSXeCutor.

I have the latest drivers installed for all my hardware and all windows updates installed, and as mentioned above, ePSXeCutor worked under Win 7 RC-1...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I found the problem. ePSXe locks up if I launch ePSXe from StacksDocklet in ObjectDock but works fine if I launch the shortcut (which StacksDocklet is pointed to) from the folder it's located in..... wow..

Update:
I just remembered I set ObjectDock.exe to Vista SP1 compatibility mode to test something a couple of days ago. Disabling compatibility mode solved all problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.