Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is a hilariously stupid question, I apologize for asking. I'm using Windows Vista and epsxe version 170.

How do I get epsxe170 to exit cleanly when I want to close it down? From my forum search, I've gleaned that it's best to press the ESC key and then exit from the File tab. I've done this, but I still get the "epsxe170 has stopped working" error message. Is there a way to prevent this from occurring each time I exit the program?

I wouldn't ask, but I'm a bit worried this might be affecting my system/saved games, and plus it's kind of annoying.

(Edit: Eek, sorry, I didn't see the subforums. I hope this is an okay place to post this query).

· Numbers Guy
175 Posts
It's not hurting anything. I certainly haven't had any problems because of it. Don't worry about it.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
it could be a number of things, but first go into your system control panel and look for the "view problem history" section, you should see an entry for epsxe and if it tell it to show the details it might describe what the problem is related to.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
start > run > compmgmt.msc > event viewer > application

· Numbers Guy
175 Posts
Okay, now you've got me curious. I thought it was normal for ePSXe to have that problem so I dismissed it. But now that I've looked at the Event Viewer...

It seems that every time it happens to me, the module at fault is ntdll.dll. That dll is also at fault when PCSX2 stops working for me when I ESC out of a game in GSdx software mode.

To be honest, I'm not sure how you would fix that. I don't know if there's an updated version of that dll or how I'd look for it. Well, let's see what happens when I turn off DEP...

*turns off DEP and reboots

Nope, nothing changed. I got nothing. :dead:

· Numbers Guy
175 Posts
I always run ePSXe as an admin--and PCSX2 also as of late.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
then it could be a memory resident virus scanner, or Vista's superfetch.

· Numbers Guy
175 Posts
I doubt Norton or Webroot could cause that so I'd put my money on SuperFetch. Still, I don't think it's THAT big of a deal for me to care about it.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
;) actually, good ole norton, especially the versions prior to 2009 have been known to cause issues with emulators like that.

· Numbers Guy
175 Posts
I THINK I've upgraded to 2009, but the original install was indeed from 2008. Oh whatever, I really don't care...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.