Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help, when I load my RPGMaker disc with EPSXE, it runs way too fast, and it crashes. Plus, some layers in the game disappear, I am wondering, what are the best plugins for this game?

I have:
RAM: 192MB
Processor: 500mhz
Graphic Card: Nvidia Vanta

Please help!!!

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Well well... :) I think I can help you... first just post your the PLugins u're using!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Plugins

Graphics: Pete's Soft Driver 1.52
Sound: Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.10
CD-Rom ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.4.0.
Bios: scph1001.bin

My problem is that it constantly crashes. In the middle of doing something, I get an "illegal operation" error message.
Also, my computer speeds up the game way too fast, the music plays 3 times as fast as it is supposed to, and it also freezes my computer. And lastly, some layers (Such as treetops, and parts of the title screen) are invisible.

I really hope you can help.
Is it becuase this game is 2D?

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
You can turn on the Frame Rate Limit inside Pete's plugin. Set the frame rate limit to 60fps for NTSC games and 50fps for PAL games. This will make the game run at correct speed. Also, you could try another gpu plugin, like Pete's D3D, cuz I think your video card is good enough for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.