Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

How come I can't use the Memory Cards with the third FF9 Disc? Everytime I save, quit the game and come back, my most recent saved game(s) have disapeared! This problem begins when Alexandria is attacked by Bahamut(before that, I can save without any problems). Someone know what is the problem ?

Thank you!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you using savestates? If so Epsxe has a problem (in my experience) saving to the actual memcard file. If you look in the memcard directory after saving and exiting you'll see two files called TEMP.000 and TEMP.001. If you rename the temp.001/2 to temp.mcr and use it as your memcard you should find your saved games (if that is your problem). There was apparently somthing about this in the readme but I couldn't find it. Finally (although I think they fixed this in the last version) make sure your'e going to the file menu and choosing exit from there and not the cross in the corner as epsxe doesn't save in real time and needs to save the memcard before exiting (I could be wrong about that it's just what I think)

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
Originally posted by Zster
If you look in the memcard directory after saving and exiting you'll see two files called TEMP.000 and TEMP.001. If you rename the temp.001/2 to temp.mcr and use it as your memcard you should find your saved games (if that is your problem)
:D - That method works! Thanks Zster.

What is the newest version anyways, their 'last' version. I am using v1.20 ePSXe and I had to use it because VGS couldn't handle the graphics and kept on crashing. Anyways, would there be any problems converting the Memcards from ePSXe format to VGS format?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes you can convert the memcard image back to a vgs memcard although make sure you're using the ff9 patched version otherwise ff9 will report the saves as corrupted. Epsxe can directly access vgs memecards without the need for converting but it can corrupt them so I usually make a backup copy first.

There are a couple utilities available for converting memcard images. Aldo has written one for just about every possible eventuality. I of course prefer PSXGameEdit (http://moberg-dybdal.dk/psxge/). This was originally developed for people who own Dexdrives but does a fine job of allowing you to manage your memory cards. A few features
-Individual game save and load
-Game hex editor
-multiple memcards type support (saving and loading)
-region converter
It’s freeware too.

The only hangup is that it that you have to change the extension on vgs memcards to .vgs otherwise it doesn’t recognise them (made to load Mac vgs memcards) and you have to change it back from .vgs to .mem if you want to use them in vgs. If however you were to use a hex editor on the program and change all instances of vgs to mem in the psxGamEedit.exe (remembering to be case sensitive) it could quite possible( :) ) recognise the pc format version without the need to rename all the time. I don’t think the author would approve of you editing his code however.

S

·
0 Posts
Majesty, the newest version of what?:confused: ePSXe- 1.2.0 VGS-1.41 Is this what you were asking about, when you asked what was the latest version?
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 7 of 7 Posts