- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

When I play my games, either suikoden or wild arms, during play it plays fine, then it goes blank. I have to hit the escape button to go back to windows desktop, and go to epsxe and click 'run', "continue", and it will continue back to where i was at just before the screen went blank. this happens to suikoden and to wild arms. Anyone know a fix for this? thanks all in advance

·
Banned
356 Posts
Its a bit of a wild guess but maybe if you change your color from 32 to 16 it may fix the problem. Perhaps also using epsxe 1.5.2 instead of 1.6.0 would also help.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Set offscreen drawing to 2-4, framebuffer access to 4, and turn on advanced blending. The 5200 may not be a very good card but it can definitely handle those settings ;).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, i rolled back to 1.52 and i moved to 16 bit, like stated above, the only thingi idid'nt do is change my video drivers. It still goest blank, not sure why though? anyone else have any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
where did you get that piece of advice? your ass? :???: there isnt even a "Legia" special fix (did you mean Legaia...?) in the first place, and if there was, it wouldnt help with his problem...

blaxican707: you are running a laptop, no? (since you have the Go5200). make sure your laptop's power saving techniques are completely off. when you do emulation, plug your computer in and keep it in a well ventilated area.

reason being, there are two main concerns with emulation on a laptop. first of all, the power saving functions will kick in. this will turn, say, a 1.7ghz Centrino down to 400mhz. this sudden change will freak out ePSXe and it will freeze. another problem is that the laptop will simply overheat. the ventilation is on the bottom--if you keep it on your lap or something, it blocks the vents and...well, with ePSXe sucking up 100% CPU it can get nasty real fast ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts