Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Actually i gave up to try run games like lod with my radeon, since i can't get a good conf (i have tryed for weeks)...so i found some second hand voodoo2 (i noticed with lewpy the graphic is really good)...my question is: I have a duron800, can i hope to play with a good (really good) framerate and quality adding a voodoo2 to my conf?

Are the performance between a voodoo2 and 3 deep?

tnx in advance

PS: the voodoo2 has 12mb

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tnx, i will look for them as soon as i will have the board...and I read that the voodoo2 can't render the textures in 32bit, stiill can i watch the mdecs in 32 bit setting the display at 32bit?

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Your right... Voodoo 2's cant do 32 bit textures or color.. A voodoo 3 cant do em either.. I notice a little difference but not much since voodoo cards use color dithering for 16bit color.. But psx games don't use 32bit color either.. It uses either 16bit for ingame and 24bit for mdecs.. They should look alright(color dithering).. Lewpys glide pluggin does texture and color settings automatically depending on your vid card so..... You can't do nothing with those options.. It should run fast on your system though.. Your radeon should work fine with petes d3d pluggin too.. Click the fast button..

·
Registered
873 Posts
ABSOLUTELY YES

Yes, you system is more than enough because I had a P2-400 with voodoo2 (SLI to be exact, but performance should still be close) and 128 ram and an old awe32, and I still break 60fps.

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Yes, Perfectly

Sure you can!
I have a Duron750mhz + 128ram + Voodoo2 12mb and I can play games like Chrono Cross, Soul Blade, FF9, all with full speed at 800x600.
Let me know if you want some screenshots!

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I have a much worse system than yours(PII 400, 64MB, Voodoo2 8MB, SB PCI 128), and I can play games with almost full speed(some slowdowns, of course). It all depends on the right configuration.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
voodoo 2 is NOT a graphics card, its a graphics accelerator, your total speed will depend greatly on your current cards speed. a v2 doesn't have its own processor. v3 3000 on the othr hand will give you a very good speed in epsxe, I had a athlon 800 with one and it worked fine, not as good as my geforce 3 now, but then again, what is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts