Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the advent of two PS2s not playing my FFIX Disk One past Qu's Marsh or the Bumecia bell room, I've decided to try emulators.

I've been running on pSX for some time now, and it works perfectly fine, no freezes at all, but I'm wondering - is pSX or ePSXe better for emulating games like Final Fantasy? I didn't want to try ePSXe because the plugins confounded me, and pSX is purely self-contained.

pSX runs perfectly smoothly for me, except every minute or so the music and gameplay slow down just a little bit, which doesn't really bother me.

So yeah, any comments would be appreciated, and if so, is there a plugin for ePSXe that enhances the graphics of games like FF? And does PEC work with it?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
if you are looking for better visuals, the OGL2 plugin can make the overall look of your games much better, provided you have hardware that can handle it (if you are using onboard video i would not really bother). it would help if you could post your system specs for this, mainly your video card and CPU.

btw do not use epsxe 1.6.0 to play that game, it has compatibility issues that render it unplayable for the most part. i suggest 1.7.0 or 1.5.2 instead, the former being preferable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purely for the fact that PEC works better than CEP for emulator cheats, I'm going to try ePSXe.

I just downloaded v1.7, and I just need to know, what are the basic plugins needed to use ePSXe, and if so, can you post links, because Pete's Plugins site downloads page doesn't work, and neither does the nextGL page.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
petes plugins work fine...... try a different browser.

otherwise, look in the emuforums downloads section.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright, I have [pec] currently in-use as my graphics plugin, but apparently I need another one in conjunction with that. I downloaded this one(Pete's OpenGL), but I have a not-so-slight problem...

When I start ePSXe, and then choose File -> Run CD-ROM (I play FFIX from the disks), it simply sticks at this screen.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm218/wtfnubzerg666/0000000.jpg

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
no need to double post, just use the edit button please.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did you configure the drive? Your emulator may be reading the wrong drive, so nothing comes out.

Oh btw, try out the different shaders for the OGL2 plugin, they can be real cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.