Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some problems using epsxe under Win2k (1st time).
1st of all I have 224megs Ram, Pi3-733(133) with a Matrox Millenium G400 32megs and a SB live. I used to use VGS no problem but it is not supported under Win2k RC2. I am using ussing Dx8 I belive (that might be the problem, what could I do if that is. )

I have only tested FF Chronicles (only PSX game I have atm) and here is the results. I used all recommended Plugings for my stuff (Pete D3d Dx6 for video and 1st thing in Sound) I use Daemon to play them.

When testing Chrono Trigger I recieve a white screen and EpsxE crashes, when trying the other Video plugin (for D3d) I get the same error as when I try Final Fantasy with any plugings.

The screen goes black and when I hit ESC and look in the Epsxe Dos type window and receive the following message OVER and OVER again.

* W2k buf read error[4] 0 2 16
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
<00, 00, 00>
* W2k buf read error[4] 0 2 0

and then it continues on. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows of a bettet program or method to emulate psx games I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks for your time

[ShaiTan

·
Registered
513 Posts
Check your CD for scratches and/or fingerprints and grease. Alternately, you might want to try dumping your game to an ISO image (there are a number of past threads about how to do this if you're not sure how to go about making one).

Alternately, for whatever reason I've found that selecting the CD-Rom plugin more suited to Win9x, closing then opening ePSXe, then going back to the Win2k one tends to fix things, but it only seems to work under certain circumstances.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said in my message, I am using Daemon, so my Games are already ISO's and I know they are good seeing as the CRC is 100% ok.

About your proposal with the CD-ROM I do not see how that affects my Daemon but I will try right now......

Only the Win2k Cd-Rom Drivers will allow me to use Daemon in anyway, the rest cause errors.

·
Registered
513 Posts
>About your proposal with the CD-ROM I do not see how that
>affects my Daemon but I will try right now......
It was based on my assumption that you were running from CD. I hadn't seen that you were using Daemon Tools. Sorry.

Have you tried running your ISOs using ePSXe's native ISO handling option (that is, the File-Run ISO menu choice)?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW

that acctually started the game, graphics suck but I can play with that
thank you VERY MUCH Sir
I would never have guessed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts