Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to port ePSXe to OSX under darwin in X11. I was wondering if anyone else had this interest or knew where I could get the source code. I have tried to email the origional developers, however the emails listed on the site just bounce. If anyone has any ideas or would like to assist me in this endeavor please email me or post a reply.

VirtualEnder

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
VirtualEnder said:
I am looking to port ePSXe to OSX under darwin in X11. I was wondering if anyone else had this interest or knew where I could get the source code. I have tried to email the origional developers, however the emails listed on the site just bounce. If anyone has any ideas or would like to assist me in this endeavor please email me or post a reply.

VirtualEnder
source is not available to public as its a closed source project. the only way you would be able to make that port is to contact the authors. you can try sending a PM to them here (im not quite sure if they come here often anymore though)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
This has been asked before. AFAIK a good percentage of the code is written in x86 assembly. All of that would have to be scrapped, and rewritten for the PPC. So in reality such a project would closer to writing an brand new emulator than a port (actually, a new emu might be easier to do than trying to shoehorn the old code).

Anyways, if you really want to have a stab @ porting a psx emu to the mac, try looking at pcsx instead. It's compatibility is pretty high, and is open sourced. You can get the source from www.pcsx.net .

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has been asked before. AFAIK a good percentage of the code is written in x86 assembly. All of that would have to be scrapped, and rewritten for the PPC. So in reality such a project would closer to writing an brand new emulator than a port (actually, a new emu might be easier to do than trying to shoehorn the old code).
Actually newer macs are Intel-based and use x86 architecture. Most of new Mac OS X software is written in "Universal" format, which means it is for Intel, and I *think* that means x86. I don't know much about programming though.

-waldo

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i know you didnt mean anything by it really but please do not revive old threads.

closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.